DISGRACEFUL

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Wonder what would happen IF a central body like the FA set the prices as standard for every club

e.g. it's £25 for every club each game in any seat and no more no less, apart from away fans who are £20

Under 23's get in for a quid a game

Sorted

we'd still get between 20 - 25k home fans per game.

we don't seem to sell any more tickets no matter what the price is.

1 minute ago, mike84 said:

we'd still get between 20 - 25k home fans per game.

we don't seem to sell any more tickets no matter what the price is.

Exactly.  The only thing that draws a big crowd is a big game, and then it doesn't matter what the price is.  I'm genuinely not convinced that if we got promoted we'd get more than 30,000 most weeks.

Just not bothered...

1 minute ago, mattitheowl said:

Exactly.  The only thing that draws a big crowd is a big game, and then it doesn't matter what the price is.  I'm genuinely not convinced that if we got promoted we'd get more than 30,000 most weeks.

Especially weekend we're playing away. :tango:

10 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Wonder what would happen IF a central body like the FA set the prices as standard for every club

e.g. it's £25 for every club each game in any seat and no more no less, apart from away fans who are £20

Sorted

Yep..Nationalise it......Managers have to move clubs after 2 years...players have the one season if not "Home grown"..SKY f.ook off....and we go back to the only live game being the cup final on terrestrial telly.

When I’ve read through some other threads, I’m absolutely astounded to hear people think our season tickets or 5 year schemes are good value.

Our season tickets are extremely expensive. Make no mistake about it! 

My huddersfield mate has been watching premier footie for £179 this season and it’s going to cost him £300 next season. I acknowledge this is the other end of the spectrum.

13 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Sorted

Not sure that would work mate, now if a central body like the FA capped player wages/transfer fee's and Agent fee's that could work..... lol

And insisted on an even distribution of TV revenue amongst all clubs......

Edited by Morepork

Just now, Bouncing Owl said:

When I’ve read through some other threads, I’m absolutely astounded to hear people think our season tickets or 5 year schemes are good value.

My huddersfield mate has been watching premier footie for £179 this season and it’s going to cost him £300 next season. I acknowledge this is the other end of the spectrum.

Your point still stands though mate

Owlstalk Shop

I think anybody who is fed up with tje pricing system at Wednesday - i.e. tickets, merchandise, hospitality ETC, has a perfect right to vent a bit of frustration on a Wednesday chat site. I agree with this stance also.

Bit sad IMO that some here would just to effect say, don't go then, don't pay, stay away, nobody forces you - effectively ufck off and shut up.

So much for WAWAW.

UTO

2 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

They won the lottery though.  They've been paying buttons for years and reaping the rewards with year after year struggling at the bottom of the Championship and top of league one.  Wagner then somehow picked all the right numbers.

1 minute ago, modboy said:

Ticket prices divide our fanbsse like no other issue.

I think the thing is that really you only have 2 options.  You can either buy your ticket and get on with it, or don't buy a ticket.  All the moaning in the world won't change anything.  The only thing that will change it is people not buying them.

Just not bothered...

6 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Yep..Nationalise it......Managers have to move clubs after 2 years...players have the one season if not "Home grown"..SKY f.ook off....and we go back to the only live game being the cup final on terrestrial telly.

And we all know what happens to nationalised industries..........

3 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

Which they should after seeing David de gea  wants 330k a week at Manchester United 

Any initiative like this is football has to be a global solution or the players just follow the money, it's great in theory but we'll not see it happen. The big clubs have the power, they won't relinquish it easily, they control the game at the end of the day. The most the rest of us can hope for is a day in the sun and a short stint gatecrashing their party....

Edited by Morepork

4 minutes ago, BDM4nil said:

I think anybody who is fed up with tje pricing system at Wednesday - i.e. tickets, merchandise, hospitality ETC, has a perfect right to vent a bit of frustration on a Wednesday chat site. I agree with this stance also.

Bit sad IMO that some here would just to effect say, don't go then, don't pay, stay away, nobody forces you - effectively ufck off and shut up.

So much for WAWAW.

UTO

It's like anything though surely, if you can't afford it you don't buy it.  I got fed up of paying for Sky, so I stopped.  Did I tell everyone who would listen how ridiculous their pricing strategy is and that it's a disgrace and that Murdoch has no idea how to run a TV company.  No, I just stopped paying.

• Thanks 1

Just not bothered...

5 minutes ago, BDM4nil said:

So much for WAWAW.

UTO

100%.

Telling people not to go, just for having the opinion that they'd prefer more reasonable prices is pretty sad.