DISGRACEFUL

48 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

And yet their teams manage to be successful and get promoted so it's not simply true that the more money you spend on tickets as a fan the more successful your team is

It's about shrewd business acumen and foresight I'd have thought, add to that bringing youngster through academies or from lower league. 

18 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

It was a genuine insult.

It didn't matter if you paid, jumped the turnstile, climbed over the ambulances, bunged the gateman etc. you physically had to be there.

If all methods failed then you hung about and went in for the last 20.  This was in the old 3rd then 2nd division too so it wasn't for guaranteed entertainment either.

The 2nd and third were guaranteed entertainment...in 75/76 me and Steve lindley used to live for it...never laughed so much..we started a chant on the kop one day..."who's got the program?"

A bloke (well known in the kop) came up with his shopping bag and flask.

"Here..you can fu*king have it!"

15 minutes before kick off and he stomped off home.

FFS.

• Haha 2

Just now, mattitheowl said:

How much were their tickets last year?  Or the years they had a transfer embargo for failing FFP?

So this 'real world' you live in seems more subtle all of a sudden.

And if they were more expensive in previous seasons what does that tell you if they're dropping their prices now?

2 minutes ago, cowl said:

So this 'real world' you live in seems more subtle all of a sudden.

And if they were more expensive in previous seasons what does that tell you if they're dropping their prices now?

It tells me that Aitor Karanka has his work cut out for him over the next couple of season!

Just not bothered...

7 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

How much were their tickets last year?  Or the years they had a transfer embargo for failing FFP?

Next seasons Season Ticket prices are the same as the current ones.

No more than £28 for a individual matchday adult ticket this season either.

1 minute ago, markowl said:

And I suggested some people might be able to do both.

Not everything in life is black and white.

I've made a bloody good living out of loving or hating things...so you're wrong.

FFS.   If you disagree I'll hate you.

If you agree I'll love you....it works EVERY time.

4 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

For some it is sadly 

And for others it isn't.

I don't understand what you're trying to say.

If people want to go and can afford it, they will go.

If they can afford it, but feel the entertainment isn't good enough, they won't go.

If they can't afford it they won't go.

That's life.

Not sure if anyone has touched on this yet but we also have to remember we are a 2 club city and we aren’t that much bigger than them. Some bad decisions on our part and we could lose generations of people from the region to the big clubs and ‘them’.

This isn’t just about pricing out our current supporters this is about breaking up potential attendees down the line who are yet to form an emotional bond with the owls like we have.

I do not want to be bringing up my kids with them being in the knowledge that they support the smaller club in Sheffield, no chance. We need Wednesday and deep down they need us. Let’s work together FFS.

Edited by Rebowl Yell

1 hour ago, modboy said:

having recently had a baby this is where i am at next season.

Dont want to commit time to a season ticket (even though i could afford one), however there is no way im paying POTG prices. Shame but its my loss.

If the membership stayed at £50 but the discount was £10 a game would that get you to consider the POTG prices?

1 minute ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

If the membership stayed at £50 but the discount was £10 a game would that get you to consider the POTG prices?

You know what probably not. Fifty quid is way overpriced just to get discounted tickets. With the size of Hillsborough you are more or less always guaranteed a seat.

The club needs to stop putting barriers to purchase. In the past I've had mates who've supported many other clubs popping along to wednesday games as we are an easy to like club. Nowadays they choke at the price when visiting for weekends and just don't bother.

I get POTG should be a bit more expensive but I'd like to see them introduce a fluid pricing system when fans let's say buy at least a week in advance get a bit more discount etc. It could be staggered with gradual increases upto kick-off.

Another option as I've mentioned before are for example 5 or 10 game packages. Many clubs do them and technology should make this a pretty seemless process. First buses even do it on their app for example. 

10 minutes ago, modboy said:

You know what probably not. Fifty quid is way overpriced just to get discounted tickets. With the size of Hillsborough you are more or less always guaranteed a seat.

The club needs to stop putting barriers to purchase. In the past I've had mates who've supported many other clubs popping along to wednesday games as we are an easy to like club. Nowadays they choke at the price when visiting for weekends and just don't bother.

I get POTG should be a bit more expensive but I'd like to see them introduce a fluid pricing system when fans let's say buy at least a week in advance get a bit more discount etc. It could be staggered with gradual increases upto kick-off.

Another option as I've mentioned before are for example 5 or 10 game packages. Many clubs do them and technology should make this a pretty seemless process. First buses even do it on their app for example. 

Good post.

To me, the club should have enough date now from the last few seasons to be able to come.up with an attractive and effective membership package.

They should be able to see how many non-members go to 2/3 games as an example, or how many members go to 6/7 games, and they should be able to come up with a strategy to encourage these groups to go to an extra 4/5 games a season.

The elephant in the room is the car crash of a season we've just had. I don't think anyone can really tell how much of an impact that will have on attendances and ST/members renewals yet.

Edited by RUMBELOWS91

Let's say its twenty pounds a match at season ticket price. Id quite happily pay a 20% uplift for a five or ten game package. 

Get the cash into the club whatever the season we have. Who knows then maybe I'd buy another block of tickets. Win win for the club, IF they meet their performance objectives.

I think like many companies, regular customers are their main interest.

There are too many variables when it comes to non regular customers that companies don’t like. 

This might be a bizarre and incorrect comparison, but this thread has just reminded me of when a charity came knocking at my door - I offered to pay when and what I could (as I was passionate about the charity) but they weren’t interested in anything other than signing me up for a Direct Debit.