Jos Luhukay on George Hirst & Sean Clare

Screen Shot 2018-02-26 at 11.06.57.jpg

George Hirst is now an option for us. We must give it time as he's been out for 7 months playing.

We must be patience and see what the future is bringing us.

With Sean Clare - What we do as a club. He can sign a new contract. He knows this. Now he is back playing. He can sign any day he likes.

He's looked good but still has a lot to learn. Sometimes when you are too positive as a player you miss how you can improve. People talk about his goal, but the third goal was his man where he let him come in behind and we conceded. He must fight and be stronger. He must learn to develop into a Championship player. He's in a good way but he needs to learn more to be an automatic first team selection

Owlstalk Shop

9 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

George Hirst is now an option for us. We must give it time as he's been out for 7 months playing.

With Sean Clare - What we do as a club. He can sign a new contract. He knows this. Now he is back playing. He can sign any day he likes.

He's looked good but still has a lot to learn. Sometimes when you are too positive as a player you miss how you can improve. People talk about his goal, but the third goal was his man where he let him come in behind and we conceded. He must fight and be stronger. He must learn to develop into a Championship player. He's in a good way but he needs to learn more to be an automatic first team selection

Bit harsh on Clare. Not heard Jos call out a player for conceding a goal before. I would say there are many other players that could be blamed in recent weeks rather than Clare.

Edited by WalthamOwl

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

Bit harsh on Clare. Not heard Jos call out a player for conceding a goal before. I would say there are many other players that could be blamed in recent weeks rather that Clare.

Probably just a ploy to keep the lads feet on the ground. No harm in that whatsoever

Should have done it Wildsmith before the Brum game.

• Like 1

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Basically keep your feet on the ground Sean and keep working to improve.

The balance between looking better and more exciting going forward as a team and being prone to leaking goals at the back is precarious.

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Bit harsh on Clare. Not heard Jos call out a player for conceding a goal before. I would say there are many other players that could be blamed in recent weeks rather than Clare.

I think it was balanced.... good and not so good. I think too that English being his third language didn't/doesn't help in these media sessions.

1 minute ago, torryowl said:

I don't think he should have said that .....

i think its fine to say that. 

Lots of fans get excited and start talking him up as the next best thing, Jos is just keeping the expectation away from him so he can develop. 

He will make mistakes as with all young players. Better this than to build him up and knock him down later

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
2 minutes ago, torryowl said:

I don't think he should have said that .....

It's a slight ember metaphorically. Only we fans can blow it into an inferno.

Given how Clare bigs himself up on Twitter with his hashtag JL probably thinks he needs to stay grounded, which he does. He doesn’t sound committed to staying yet with his “I’ll leave my contract with my agent” spiel and the self promotion. He’s only played a handful of games and he’s all Jesse Lingard.

Hope he stays as he looks like he could be a big player for us, but it’s an interesting way for a young player to come across.

Edited by Bluesteel
  • Like 1