Possible Ipswich Town game postponement

1 minute ago, sheffsteel said:

Should be fine, it’s going to be freezing cold but no snow in Swansea  until the end of the week.

Surely Swansea have under soil heating, so the match will be played.

It's not just about the pitch though these days, it's about fans safety getting to and from the stadium that's taken into account too with over the top health and safety and all that b0llacks these days. 

When the replay's postponed it's usually rearranged for the day of the next round.

If we play it on the Ipswich date it only leaves 3 days before the quarter final - which doesn't leave much time for ticket and travel arrangements, particularly for the away fans who wouldn't know until then whether they need to going to Swansea or Sheffield.

Edit - it'd also be incredibly harsh on Ipswich fans and long distance owls who may have already booked travel for that game

Edited by alanharper

1 minute ago, alanharper said:

When the replay's postponed it's usually rearranged for the day of the next round.

If we play it on the Ipswich date it only leaves 3 days before the quarter final - which doesn't leave much time for ticket and travel arrangements, particularly for the away fans who wouldn't know until then whether they need to going to Swansea or Sheffield.

Edit - it'd also be incredibly harsh on Ipswich fans and long distance owls who may have already booked travel for that game

the harshness on the Ipswich fans would cut no with the FA ,you can be assured of that .

44 minutes ago, torryowl said:

we get a dusting of snow and the country comes to a grinding halt .....

Your not wrong mate. its pathetic. Makes you wonder how the country would cope now if we got the snowfall we used to have in days gone by. Half an inch now and the schools are shut , panic buyers strip the shop shelves stocking up for a month and the roads grind to a halt. 

3 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Your not wrong mate. its pathetic. Makes you wonder how the country would cope now if we got the snowfall we used to have in days gone by. Half an inch now and the schools are shut , panic buyers strip the shop shelves stocking up for a month and the roads grind to a halt. 

in the big freeze of 63 our school heating packed up ...did they send us home ?...not bloody likely we sat there in our big coyts and wore woolly  gloves with the fingers cut out so we could hold the pens ......

1 hour ago, torryowl said:

in the big freeze of 63 our school heating packed up ...did they send us home ?...not bloody likely we sat there in our big coyts and wore woolly  gloves with the fingers cut out so we could hold the pens ......

I went to Bradfield school in the 70`s ,and its in the middle of nowhere , we had to walk a mile each way every day , but it never closed when it snowed. The teachers walked there and so did the kids, and like you say ,the heating never worked as the piping froze up . we just had to get on with it. 

2 hours ago, torryowl said:

we get a dusting of snow and the country comes to a grinding halt .....

Traffic wise I reckon that's because we as drivers aren't equipped. I've driven on awful roads in the Arctic Circle. The cars coped whereas here they wouldn't because everyone is slipping around on summer tyres.

1 hour ago, S36 OWL said:

I went to Bradfield school in the 70`s ,and its in the middle of nowhere , we had to walk a mile each way every day , but it never closed when it snowed. The teachers walked there and so did the kids, and like you say ,the heating never worked as the piping froze up . we just had to get on with it. 

"Cardboard box"....I dream of living in a Cardboard box.

4 hours ago, Ever the pessimist said:

There will hardly be any snow - this must be the 5th time this winter we have been told to expect it and it has yet to materialise. 

You didn't go to the last round against Reading then. It took me hours to get home because of the snow.