Siberian 'BEAST FROM THE EAST' blizzard due in the UK on Tuesday

26 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

We set off from Effingham Road and got as far as Prince of Wales Road before heading back towards where we had set off from. We were told that if you set off you wouldn't get a refund. Some of the lads on the coach decided to make a beeline for the train and tried there luck there.

We turned back at Ripley just after 11am Arrived back at Sheffield just before 16.45pm.That's how bad the conditions were that day. WTF::ghoulguy::ph34r:

1 hour ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

1990/91 season Bristol City away.Set off from Sheffield on the ICO in a near snowstorm and had to turn back on the A61 at Ripley.Anyone else who had to turn back on that day?:ghoulguy:

Dragon from the Gate that day ...... announcement actually said “if you’re from Sheffield there’s no way home “ !

Edited by casbahowl
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

1990/91 season Bristol City away.Set off from Sheffield on the ICO in a near snowstorm and had to turn back on the A61 at Ripley.Anyone else who had to turn back on that day?:ghoulguy:

I remember it well. We didn't get as far as that. Me and a mate walked into town from Stannington only to find out our coach wasn't turning up. We were gutted it was the only game I missed that season. 

22 minutes ago, House Stark said:

Great pub quiz question.....

"In what year did Man Utd winning the European Cup Quarter Final result in Hull going down?"

He was an ugly bloke but he always had a bird on his arm :ph34r:

Shouldn't laugh really but made me chortle....lol

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, S36 OWL said:

Been in Asda this afternoon ,and the panic buyers are already stripping the shelves. One bloke had enough milk and bread  to see out a Nuclear war in his bunker. 

Which one? I was in Drakehouse one and they had run out of Ralgex and incontinence pants. This country - even the treat of snow and people start hoarding basics!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, S36 OWL said:

Been in Asda this afternoon ,and the panic buyers are already stripping the shelves. One bloke had enough milk and bread  to see out a Nuclear war in his bunker. 

Are they outside with the trolleys or inside with the baskets? 

2 hours ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

I was travelling from wellingborough and got as far as oxford .......