Siberian 'BEAST FROM THE EAST' blizzard due in the UK on Tuesday

27 minutes ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

1990/91 season Bristol City away.Set off from Sheffield on the ICO in a near snowstorm and had to turn back on the A61 at Ripley.Anyone else who had to turn back on that day?:ghoulguy:

Yes. I left from Huddersfield. Didn't get very far. Road completely blocked. Was supposed to be catching bus at Hillsborough. Went back home and played in snow. Buses left the ground but didn't get to Bristol. Got stuck in Midlands somewhere. A few fans made it to the ground but not many got home. Bristol fans were singing songs about there being no more B and Bs in Bristol.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

1990/91 season Bristol City away.Set off from Sheffield on the ICO in a near snowstorm and had to turn back on the A61 at Ripley.Anyone else who had to turn back on that day?:ghoulguy:

We set off from Effingham Road and got as far as Prince of Wales Road before heading back towards where we had set off from. We were told that if you set off you wouldn't get a refund. Some of the lads on the coach decided to make a beeline for the train and tried there luck there.

Guest Bulgaria

I am getting the full force of it here. Just walked back from my neighbors gaff and I've got ice on the end of my nose. -18 and gonna get worse tomorrow.