Siberian 'BEAST FROM THE EAST' blizzard due in the UK on Tuesday

image.png.7b5d9f0da58c43b84740eedda6e24002.png

That blob up in North sea is heading straight for us in Yorkshire, it will turn even colder when it clears tomorrow leaving frequent snow showers for rest of day.

The area of snow is heading to south wales once its done with us but precipitation will have died down by time it gets down there.

1 hour ago, WayneTheOwl said:

I went skiing once having never even put a ski on, and being afraid of heights. Took me an hour to get on lift up mountain which was about 10 mins going up, put ski's on, mate told me to go down this small slope. Said what's that orange plastic fence, he replied to stop you falling back where you came from. I took of my skis and parked my arse in bar for 6 hours . Can't remember going back down and never put a ski on again.

Went skiing with school to Austria just after skiing was invented:sad:, got in cable car reyt laugh...teacher was a bit miffed.....anyhow got to top, put ski on (yep ski) the other one went sliding to the bottom of mountain on it's own accord. Teacher said to me in his best Mr Mainwaring impression....you stupid boy.

flippingell...talk about fall down laughing (true story btw)

2 minutes ago, bradowl said:

image.png.7b5d9f0da58c43b84740eedda6e24002.png

That blob up in North sea is heading straight for us in Yorkshire, it will turn even colder when it clears tomorrow leaving frequent snow showers for rest of day.

The area of snow is heading to south wales once its done with us but precipitation will have died down by time it gets down there.

I lived in Hull there were plenty of blobs from the East that's for sure

Guest Jack the Hat
On 25/02/2018 at 18:06, parkfieldowl14 said:

1990/91 season Bristol City away.Set off from Sheffield on the ICO in a near snowstorm and had to turn back on the A61 at Ripley.Anyone else who had to turn back on that day?:ghoulguy:

Me and my mate missed the coach cos we had to walk from Grenoside only to find out it got called off anyway. Think a mideeek game against Coventry also got called off so we spent the afternoon in the bottom red lion. Funny I can remember all this really cos if my wife sends me to the supermarket I forget half the things I went for! Mind you it was a season to remember.

On 25/02/2018 at 18:30, bradowl said:

I started a thread up about this in dressing room (general chat) last week. 

I think Swansea game will be ok but Bristol game could be in doubt next weekend, a more widespread blizzard could affect southern half of UK from about Thursday which could last a couple of days or more.

You did the right thing. Since when has weather been a matchday topic, really :carlos:

2 hours ago, sherlyegg said:

Went skiing with school to Austria just after skiing was invented:sad:, got in cable car reyt laugh...teacher was a bit miffed.....anyhow got to top, put ski on (yep ski) the other one went sliding to the bottom of mountain on it's own accord. Teacher said to me in his best Mr Mainwaring impression....you stupid boy.

flippingell...talk about fall down laughing (true story btw)

Ah that was another thing, I only just remembered to get the ski's from the cable car, flipping stupid set up. What fizzed me off about it all really was my mate said we wouldn't have to get a cable car thing to go skiing. Lying poopydoo.

At the side of where we were staying was a nice hill to sledge down, had a path leading up to it. Walked all the way up put my sledge down, pushed off to fly down this hill, got about 2 feet before the sledge and me just disappeared about 3ft down under the snow. I'll see if I can dig the video out and upload it because it was absolutely hilarious. All I did for the 3 days was get pissed whilst everyone went skiing, I didn't even go back up the mountain!

• Haha 1