Siberian 'BEAST FROM THE EAST' blizzard due in the UK on Tuesday

45 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

I've got litres of frozen milk and a bread maker.... haha. Ha ha oh yes I'm alright Jack...ha ha!

:duntmatter:Ive got no yeast... FFS.

contact Beast from the east with the Yeast   lol 

Edited by trevdi9
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Owling Wolfe said:

The Beast from the East, or as we used to call it when I was a kid "a bit of a cold snap". I was skiing in Livigno, Northern Italy a few years ago and it put 2ft down in under 24hrs. Didn't grind that little village to a halt at all lol

I went skiing once having never even put a ski on, and being afraid of heights. Took me an hour to get on lift up mountain which was about 10 mins going up, put ski's on, mate told me to go down this small slope. Said what's that orange plastic fence, he replied to stop you falling back where you came from. I took of my skis and parked my arse in bar for 6 hours . Can't remember going back down and never put a ski on again.

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, WayneTheOwl said:

I went skiing once having never even put a ski on, and being afraid of heights. Took me an hour to get on lift up mountain which was about 10 mins going up, put ski's on, mate told me to go down this small slope. Said what's that orange plastic fence, he replied to stop you falling back where you came from. I took of my skis and parked my arse in bar for 6 hours . Can't remember going back down and never put a ski on again.

To be fair the apre ski deinking is as good as the skiing mate. I was in the same boat but not scared of heights. Loved it once I got used to it all (particularly the apre ski lol )

Tried skiing once..in Mayrhoffen (sp) Austria...bloody ridiculous sport....4 of us went...2 could Ski....one had his own Skis..and he was crap...I put a pair of hired ones on....slid slowly backwards...fell over....So you have an hour where an austrian bloke tells you to point the front of yer Ski's inwards...and then you fall over again..I bet I went a total of ten yards...in a f.ookin' hour...

bloody ridiculous...

10 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Tried skiing once..in Mayrhoffen (sp) Austria...bloody ridiculous sport....4 of us went...2 could Ski....one had his own Skis..and he was crap...I put a pair of hired ones on....slid slowly backwards...fell over....So you have an hour where an austrian bloke tells you to point the front of yer Ski's inwards...and then you fall over again..I bet I went a total of ten yards...in a f.ookin' hour...

bloody ridiculous...

never tried it, never wanted to,  i'd have to just login straight to A&E cut out the middleman 

1 minute ago, brazilowl said:

I can’t see any point in paying good money to go somewhere cold. May as well stay here. 

admire and respect the guys/gals going down there ***** of a journey in the predicted weather hope they can get back