Snodgrass tweet

I was enjoying the game yesterday for the first time in ages dispite Villa having the ref on their side, was gutted that we went flat in the second because we were well on top of a Villa side thats expected to go up.

We have injuries and still managed to worry them, can see Villa failing in the play offs and coming back here again next year.

Next year im hoping to see some of our kids replace the likes of wallace and co.

Edited by TaxiMark

40 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

Not surprised the usual suspects are supporting Snodgrass .

It all depends what kind of human being and player you like and respect .

I find it very difficult to respect a person who is dishonest, a cheat and a conman, they obviously have no problem with that.

Says it all really.

But people aren't being asked to like or respect him.

It's simply that as a community of fans it is embarrassing that some people are so stupid or so disgusting or both that they wish that they someone  a serious injury or death.  We have thousands of fans.  Some are great.  Some are scum.  Same as other clubs.  It's inevitable that we'll have people like that.  Doesn't mean we have to like it.

35 minutes ago, erowl said:

I doubt he’ll be promoted with Villa this season.

they just aren’t good enough IMO

I’ve not been impressed with them either but when you have the ref on your side constantly it’s no surprise they are where they are.

No on is "supporting" him, people just think it's maybe wrong to wish harm or death on a footballer (nobber he can be at times). Also he has been known to be a very good footballer when he's on form that we could have signed.

Some people need to take a chill and stop spending a sunny Sunday trying to pointscore instead of actually discussing positively in the new Owlstalk style :biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

For all you Sheff Wed fans that saying you want me to break my legs or die, keep your chins up today is a new day! Can’t give it if your not prepared to take a little bit back     

We can take the stick ,we just dont like blatant cheats .

4 minutes ago, thewookieisdown said:

But people aren't being asked to like or respect him.

It's simply that as a community of fans it is embarrassing that some people are so stupid or so disgusting or both that they wish that they someone  a serious injury or death.  We have thousands of fans.  Some are great.  Some are scum.  Same as other clubs.  It's inevitable that we'll have people like that.  Doesn't mean we have to like it.

No idea what you are talking about mate.

I have made no comment on threats or death wishes which are obviously wrong.

I simply find it strange that people were complementing him on his performance yesterday given the nature of it.

I get the feeling bruce, with his seemingly bottomless (relatively) pot of money..has bought players such as this cnt..that will do whatever it takes to get results..that kind of attitude..not even good personalities..but i spose how sht theyve had it and how desperate that club has become the fans will lap it up..they wont care anymore as long as a job gets done...i feel to get promoted all you need is big rumblezoids, some can play and some have pace..and they have that dont give a fk attitude...mcarthy and wanknock have always done it that way :(

37 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

I've no idea.

My friend was 'normal'. Nice chap. Nice family. Hardworking. Good laugh.

Then the wife thing. Life took a few swings at him. He hit the ale. Depressed. Could drop a mood in the camp when he'd had too much.

But still glimpses of the man he was before. Flashes of the old humour. The old spark out of the darkness.

Then BANG suddenly it was all light.  Not like he was before wife-gate.  More so. Totally illuminated 24/7. In public at least.

As I said. Each to their own. coping mechanisms and all that.  

A completely different man to the depressed one he'd become. But also completley different to what he was originally. 

Drifted from our group really. His evangelical positivity ironically created a bit of negativity because, well, sometimes people like a grumble. That's life.

People like to say "Bloody traffic wardens , I'm sure they wait for me"  it gets it out the system.  Someone telling them to see the positive side of the ticket because they might learn to park correctly, actually puts an  edge into a throwaway line of a group of chaps having a laugh and a grumble.

Haven't seen him in a long while actually.  But as long as he's ok that's the main thing.

Like I said different bloke to who he was. Alienated people in his own sun-shining way. But hopefully got some new friends of a similar disposition.

Crikey. Bit deep for a Sunday afternoon.

Anyway.

Snodgrass. Bit of a two hat. Great left peg though.

That's an interesting story.

I had a similar experience with a mate.

He didn't have marital problems but existential ones.

He found dog and the change was unbelievable.

For balance I said read a bit of humanist literature....he did....then he was a rampant humanist..

He's coming for lunch with his dad next Saturday.... I think I'll steer the conversation to the weather early doors.

Btw neither him or his Dad have any interest in sports whatsoever.... what do you do for conversation with oddballs like this?

FFS.

3 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

That's an interesting story.

I had a similar experience with a mate.

He didn't have marital problems but existential ones.

He found dog and the change was unbelievable.

For balance I said read a bit of humanist literature....he did....then he was a rampant humanist..

He's coming for lunch with his dad next Saturday.... I think I'll steer the conversation to the weather early doors.

Btw neither him or his Dad have any interest in sports whatsoever.... what do you do for conversation with oddballs like this?

FFS.

American football

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Will69 said:

No, I’m just being positive. I’m discussing the events from a positive viewpoint. I’m looking to the future.

Moaning that the ref was “corrupt” or “paid off” rather than accept he had a terrible game won’t change that, there is no conspiracy.

And I predicted exactly what would happen regards letters to X didn’t i? Yes I did. Let it go, the result stands, we need to learn from it and move on. It was just one game and we conceded FOUR. Lesson learned.

And yes I openly said I think Ross needs to move on, he’s past it and we have lots of exciting young players being blooded, move on, let’s plan for the future.

This isn’t trolling, constantly belittling me by accusing me of such because I have a positive outlook is though. But I forgive you because you can’t see it for what it is.

Lets put this silliness to bed now and go on together as fans. We will have a cracker next season.

Were you being positive when you said Ross Wallace was s£!t ?