Snodgrass tweet

Just now, @owlstalk said:

He was

Another correlation is both players were promoted in their respective sides.

Love em or hate em - these kind of players fire teams to promotion and leave fans of other clubs crying, whinging and complaining whilst stuck in the same division.

These kinds of players. What? Gobshites?

No Neil, I think the reason they fire teams to promotion is because they're actually very good footballers.

Not because they wind fans up. That doesn't win points.  Just as many excellent footballer who aren't gobshites also win teams promotion.

Nevertheless carry on. 

9 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Will - I called you a troll yesterday because that's exactly what you are doing. 

To be fair it might not be trolling.

Friend of mine had a terrible time once. 

Wife left him. Took half of everything he had. 

She moved in with a gym insrtucker half her age and they all piled off to Australia...with my friends kids.

Then he lost his job.  Because of his age he had trouble finding work despite vast experience in his field. 

Ended up in a "studio flat" - (bedsit) and spending most of his time on the bottle.

Then he found God.

Everything was super positive. 

Jesus this. Jesus that. Every minute of the day it was praise the Lord. 

I thought he was having me on. Trolling on Modern parlance.

But he wasn't. He had turned into a 100% happy clapper. A proper happy clapper not the thinly veiled football forum insult.

Halleujah! and all that business. 

Annoying as hell. Folks stopped inviting him to the club in the end as the rest of the boys were making excuses not to come when he was there.

They all thought it was an act. But I twigged it wasn't.

He's happier now. Over the wife and kids thing. Working in volunteering. Got another woman on the go. Another enthusiastic Church goer.

Yes he's happy.  Euphorically so most of the time. Which always concerns me about folks. No space for negativity at all lends me to think there's an explosion down the the line.  But each to their own.  

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, baz9209 said:

In two years we will be where we will be.....Snodgrass will be 32 + legs will have gone, best days belind him and probably be plying his trade in a championship club playing 15 games a season at best, looking forward to being a fifth rate pundit in Scotland FACT 

And a millionaire..

Not surprised the usual suspects are supporting Snodgrass .

It all depends what kind of human being and player you like and respect .

I find it very difficult to respect a person who is dishonest, a cheat and a conman, they obviously have no problem with that.

Says it all really.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'd rather have a player who plays hard, but fair. 

Perhaps Nando dives a bit too much (which is why he doesn't get the fouls he often should), but Snodgrass (a very good player) dives around like nobodies business. Perhaps a better ref would have actually dealt with it. 

8 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

To be fair it might not be trolling.

Friend of mine had a terrible time once. 

Wife left him. Took half of everything he had. 

She moved in with a gym insrtucker half her age and they all piled off to Australia...with my friends kids.

Then he lost his job.  Because of his age he had trouble finding work despite vast experience in his field. 

Ended up in a "studio flat" - (bedsit) and spending most of his time on the bottle.

Then he found God.

Everything was super positive. 

Jesus this. Jesus that. Every minute of the day it was praise the Lord. 

I thought he was having me on. Trolling on Modern parlance.

But he wasn't. He had turned into a 100% happy clapper. A proper happy clapper not the thinly veiled football forum insult.

Halleujah! and all that business. 

Annoying as hell. Folks stopped inviting him to the club in the end as the rest of the boys were making excuses not to come when he was there.

They all thought it was an act. But I twigged it wasn't.

He's happier now. Over the wife and kids thing. Working in volunteering. Got another woman on the go. Another enthusiastic Church goer.

Yes he's happy.  Euphorically so most of the time. Which always concerns me about folks. No space for negativity at all lends me to think there's an explosion down the the line.  But each to their own.  

Hallelujah!!

Everybodyneedsanegbuttonforapillow.

Booooo boooooo.

FFS uto FTB LOL.

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Spot on.

Quality player who quite rightly gives a bit back and takes plenty.

Bad losers think he should just take it and keep quiet.

He's a player who gets teams promoted. Exactly what we are lacking.

I doubt he’ll be promoted with Villa this season.

they just aren’t good enough IMO

18 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Don't people usually "find" god when it dawns on them that no one actually likes them? 

I've no idea.

My friend was 'normal'. Nice chap. Nice family. Hardworking. Good laugh.

Then the wife thing. Life took a few swings at him. He hit the ale. Depressed. Could drop a mood in the camp when he'd had too much.

But still glimpses of the man he was before. Flashes of the old humour. The old spark out of the darkness.

Then BANG suddenly it was all light.  Not like he was before wife-gate.  More so. Totally illuminated 24/7. In public at least.

As I said. Each to their own. coping mechanisms and all that.  

A completely different man to the depressed one he'd become. But also completley different to what he was originally. 

Drifted from our group really. His evangelical positivity ironically created a bit of negativity because, well, sometimes people like a grumble. That's life.

People like to say "Bloody traffic wardens , I'm sure they wait for me"  it gets it out the system.  Someone telling them to see the positive side of the ticket because they might learn to park correctly, actually puts an  edge into a throwaway line of a group of chaps having a laugh and a grumble.

Haven't seen him in a long while actually.  But as long as he's ok that's the main thing.

Like I said different bloke to who he was. Alienated people in his own sun-shining way. But hopefully got some new friends of a similar disposition.

Crikey. Bit deep for a Sunday afternoon.

Anyway.

Snodgrass. Bit of a two hat. Great left peg though.

• Haha 1