Snodgrass tweet

Wishing harm on a human being is never right especially when it's a game of football.

Snodgrass is however a prime example of one of the problems with football nowadays, conning the referee. 

Nothing wrong with him giving some verbal and nothing wrong with his tweet (i mean really who cares) but his diving is utterly pathetic. He is not the only culprit, football has turned into a farce with the ease at which players go down at the slightest of contact, it's trained into them to go down. They will roll around on the floor for dramatic effect. 

Some people don't seem to have a problem with the play acting, I just think grown men being paid more money in a week than Some people get in a year should have the dignity to play the sport properly rather than sinking to what is basically cheating.

Just now, Carl Shutt is God said:

Wishing harm on a human being is never right especially when it's a game of football.

Snodgrass is however a prime example of one of the problems with football nowadays, conning the referee. 

Nothing wrong with him giving some verbal and nothing wrong with his tweet (i mean really who cares) but his diving is utterly pathetic. He is not the only culprit, football has turned into a farce with the ease at which players go down at the slightest of contact, it's trained into them to go down. They will roll around on the floor for dramatic effect. 

Some people don't seem to have a problem with the play acting, I just think grown men being paid more money in a week than Some people get in a year should have the dignity to play the sport properly rather than sinking to what is basically cheating.

100%

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Me too

Grown men name calling each other, slagging each other off, and telling someone they can't post their opinion on a player because it differs from their own viewpoint

(in other words plain bullying)

Absolutely mentalist

Sad times this

When have I bullied anyone ffs. I never asked Will to reply. What are you on about.

1 minute ago, Will69 said:

It is completely “to do with” his ability. My point is that Snodgrass has been a very good player at this level, who would have done a brilliant job for us, but that people are upset with his gamesmanship and this is clouding that judgement.

It is all entirely in context. His antics don’t make him a poor player.

Yes, you are right and always will be.

1 minute ago, Carl Shutt is God said:

Spot on.

In my opinion the players that simulate are detracting from their own abilities too, and this is the shame.

We need to stamp it out.

2 minutes ago, Owlinmad said:

Yes, you are right and always will be.

Is Snodgrass a poor player (entirely based on performance as a footballer)?

Compared with our own relative player of his value (Rhodes) or type (Nando)?

4 minutes ago, Carl Shutt is God said:

Good post in an embarrassment of a thread. 

• Like 1

Snodgrass is a good player, an excellent player in fact. He'd be better if he could stay on his feet for more than 5 mins. 

Sadly though he's a diving sh*twasp, so for that he deserves zero respect. 

Don't wish death or broken legs on him....tweeting that to him is just daft. But it's about time the ref's gave him the same treatment they gave FF the other year, maybe start now so he has to sit out a few games during an important period. 

1 hour ago, Will69 said:

Interesting.

Do you dislike it when Fernando goes down a bit easily?

Just wondering your opinion, as a comparison like for like.

Exactly what I was talking about when I was talking about our 'fans' being willing to 'sacrifice' the rep of one of our players in some sort of justification for someone who has fouled & cheated & dived all his career and cost us points yesterday.

If FF has in the past gone down 'easily' as you claim, the one big difference, that you seem to totally ignore in your pathetic hero worship of Snodgrass is that FF has been punished way beyond his supposed crimes over the last 3 seasons, by the referees union & media when in reality, in the vast majority of incidents it is HE who has been the victim. 

The big difference is that Snodgrass DOES dive, consistently, but gets away with it time after time with the same referees union conveniently (as you do) turning a blind eye to it, when they have allowed players like Dawson & Ben Pearson to kick lumps off FF, try & break him in half & then send him off for diving out of the way in order to avoid a broken leg.

Just wondering what you're opinion is on that, as a comparison like for like.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, BDM4nil said:

Snodgrass very clearly started all this bad blood stuff between himself and Wednesday fans, with his abuse of FF and mouthing off prior to the play off final with Hull.

So it's a bit rich him saying now to Wednesday fans, don't dish it out if you can't take it, as this would actually be my message to him here.

That said, do I wish him dead - no

Would I cry if he did die - no

Would I like him to break his legs - I'd settle for just the one, as long as it was a bad un.

UTO

lol i love this bit.