Letter sent to the FA

4 minutes ago, HOSTAGE IN PYONGYANG said:

I have sent the following letter to fa@info.com

It will be in the bin by now.

"Dear Sirs,

I would like the FA  to investigate the level of officiating during the Sheffield Wednesday vs Aston Villa played at Hillsborough yesterday.

I know as a paying member of the public I cannot instigate a full enquiry, but the FA, as the regulatory body should be aware of what happened at the game.

Firstly the amount of fouls awarded was somewhat disproportionate. 16 to 1. I find this very strange. I am aware that refereeing is a difficult job to do, but 16 to 1 seems to suggest one team were 16 times more, shall we say physical, than the other. This was not the case.

Secondly the overall standard of the officials was somewhat one-sided.

I have never written to the FA before, as in the past I have assumed the referee had made poor judgements, as we all do. Sadly that cannot be said of the referee in yesterdays games, as the decision making was consistently poor.

I look forward to your response.

Regards"

Might regret asking this, but did you actually go to the match?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, vulva said:

Oh good god.

Someone has actually done it. 

We’ve spent years taking the mock out of the Pigs for stuff like this, and now we’re at it. 

Incredible stuff. 

I sent the letter as a paying member of the public. I didn't include your name in it. But I am sorry but the game yesterday, good god. Money changed hands.

6 minutes ago, HOSTAGE IN PYONGYANG said:

I have sent the following letter to fa@info.com

It will be in the bin by now.

"Dear Sirs,

I would like the FA  to investigate the level of officiating during the Sheffield Wednesday vs Aston Villa played at Hillsborough yesterday.

I know as a paying member of the public I cannot instigate a full enquiry, but the FA, as the regulatory body should be aware of what happened at the game.

Firstly the amount of fouls awarded was somewhat disproportionate. 16 to 1. I find this very strange. I am aware that refereeing is a difficult job to do, but 16 to 1 seems to suggest one team were 16 times more, shall we say physical, than the other. This was not the case.

Secondly the overall standard of the officials was somewhat one-sided.

I have never written to the FA before, as in the past I have assumed the referee had made poor judgements, as we all do. Sadly that cannot be said of the referee in yesterdays games, as the decision making was consistently poor.

I look forward to your response.

Regards"

The response you'll get, in line with any other large organisation, will be pure platitude. They might even thank you for bringing it to their attention, which you will find condescending and cause you more frustration.

Even before Fergie time, Steve Bruce has had the gods on his side when playing us. He used to kick lumps out of Hirst which the officials never saw. He's acknowledged himself that on the more than one occasion his teams get the rub of the green at S6. We could talk about FF's sending off at Hull. Yesterday's events are no surprise to any of us, we're just peed off that playing so well goes unrewarded.

We're all annoyed, but now we should be looking forward to giving CC his just deserts.

UTO.

• Thanks 1