A picture says a thousand words...

23 hours ago, deaks1984 said:

I wouldn't want to call anyone's professionalism in to question however balls to that...

1) He is apparently a Preston fan. Preston ply their trade in the championship, so why should this guy be officiating games that can affect his "preferred" team's position in the league? Even the most professional could find it difficult not to apply unconscious bias.

2) He is from Lancashire. Just throwing it out there but it would be quite difficult to live through the past 30 years in close proximity to Old Trafford without becoming swallowed up by  the Manure behemoth. It would be quite easy to claim to be a fan of your "Home town" club, whilst stroking salami over a 97th minute Steve Bruce winner in 1993.

I think the ref was at best awful that game, at worst something more sinister proving the latter is near impossible,

..... however if you dig deep enough you could find these type of things out about any official. They are human, have to live somewhere and probably supported a team somewhere along the line, it’s no where near enough proof required to even make an aligation. 

• Like 1

Problem is nothing will happen about this.

The FA ring fence their officials from anything.

I think refs should be made to face the media after a game. And be subject to post match disciplinary action. After all a player can, a manager can so why not a ref?

If officials were made to come out and answer questions to the press then things might, only might, become clearer about incidents in a game and what they gave.

But as I'm 58 I don't think I'll be around to see anything like that happen in my lifetime.

12 hours ago, Glenn59 said:

Problem is nothing will happen about this.

The FA ring fence their officials from anything.

I think refs should be made to face the media after a game. And be subject to post match disciplinary action. After all a player can, a manager can so why not a ref?

If officials were made to come out and answer questions to the press then things might, only might, become clearer about incidents in a game and what they gave.

But as I'm 58 I don't think I'll be around to see anything like that happen in my lifetime.

My grandson was 2 last week and he won't be around to see anything like that happen in his lifetime.