A picture says a thousand words...

4 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

There needs to be a stewards inquiry into his performance today ,and his closeness to Fat Head. 

The irony was that when that happened my mate in the ground just went "Don't worry Steve if you need it I will give a penalty in the last minute" 

4 minutes ago, nethertonowl said:

Just after their fourth goal?

No. Well before that. Bruce walked 5 yards outside his box to kick a water bottle, so the 4th official radioed the "ref" to come and give him a cuddle to make sure the game was going to Steve's plan.

Bruce spent was stood on the pitch and way out of his area for much of the game and the ref didn't take any notice.

1 hour ago, TINKERBELL said:

Too soft and has been for years.

Rotherham went ballistic and got our goal ruled out

We should get the football authorities involved because today was disgusting 

Funnily enough the bloke who ruled that goal is in that OP picture, David Cootes is his name he also hates us and has foooked us over on numerous occasions.

1 hour ago, wednesdaylander said:

As I said in another thread, get this picture posted on facebook, twitter and every other social media. If we get it trending the FA will have to react. 

For it to hold any weight though, it needs to be accompanied with a well written rundown of the questionable decisions and standard of his officiating today, or the picture won't pack as much of a punch?

4 hours ago, NorfolkNChance said:

We have goal line technology? Pretty sure there must be some audit process that would show the ball crossed the line and wasn’t given? If so he’d be in deep brown stuff 

MLS were the FIFA test league for video technology - introduced last season.  Works great and has resolved a few issues.  We were the first league to use the 10 yard line spray as well.  

I could have sworn that went in but didn't want to rewind the iFollow feed because it gets upset if you mess around with it...

Hopefully we get a better ref for the FA Cup game.... WAWAW 

I wouldn't want to call anyone's professionalism in to question however balls to that...

1) He is apparently a Preston fan. Preston ply their trade in the championship, so why should this guy be officiating games that can affect his "preferred" team's position in the league? Even the most professional could find it difficult not to apply unconscious bias.

2) He is from Lancashire. Just throwing it out there but it would be quite difficult to live through the past 30 years in close proximity to Old Trafford without becoming swallowed up by  the Manure behemoth. It would be quite easy to claim to be a fan of your "Home town" club, whilst stroking salami over a 97th minute Steve Bruce winner in 1993.