I only thought you was a useless tw@t

But today you proved you are and should be stripped of refereeing ever again 

You are a disgrace and a embarrassment to the game

#packyourbagsandfuckoffcheat. 

• Agree 9

Today sums up why there are no English referees at this years world cup. The standard is terrible. They all got be the centre of attention & they love themselves including the linesman.  

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Just now, everydayiswednesday said:

Today sums up why there are no English referees at this years world cup. The standard is terrible. They all got be the centre of attention & they love themselves including the linesman.  

Collina was best ref I've ever seen.

• Agree 2

To be fair to Neil Swarbrick Steve Bruce has a magic mouth. 

Just now, folger said:

What it is.is that when swarbrick put his cashcard in Bruce's mouth and typed the number in.his ass started spilling out  £50 notes. They was still collecting them at 7pm allegedly 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TINKERBELL said:

Collina was best ref I've ever seen.

Agree best ref I have seen too. What gets me its always got to be about them & it goes on week after week and nothing changes. They seem to be untouchable, it stinks. Time something was done about it. 

2 minutes ago, everydayiswednesday said:

Agree best ref I have seen too. What gets me its always got to be about them & it goes on week after week and nothing changes. They seem to be untouchable, it stinks. Time something was done about it. 

Mike Dean is another W@nkr what runs away like Alan shearer did when someone scores.hand in air loooook at me sky cameras. 

Edited by TINKERBELL

3 minutes ago, folger said:

He's now Neil Soreprick .

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Uncle Mort AMB said:

He's now Neil Soreprick .

Hope the flees of a 1000 pigs land on it and it drops off.

2 minutes ago, sage owl said:

Today was beyond incompetency it was BENT.

Darren deadman got done for taking a bung. Hopefully they'll find another soon

Nothing our Wednesday lads could do today in the face of what they faced 

I do not normally slate referees and like most on here I am biased in favour of Wednesday so probably not the best judge on a referees performance in a game involving us.

However today was different, i have seen referees who could said to be "homers" well on todays performance this can not be levelled at Mr Swarbrick. it was a very strange/bizarre refereeing performance which seemed strangely lopsided.. I have not seen anyvideo of the game and I am judging on what I saw at the game.

The BBC stats on the game and a certain still photograph on this site suggests to me that certain things need to happen as a result of todays game.

1, The game needs to be fully reviewed by FA and referees association and Sheffield wednesday need to ask for these to be done.

2. The goal line technology needs to be examined and the logs it produces looked at in particular the time when the ball appeared to cross the line.

3. The betting patterns around the game need to be looked at and those involving Chamionship clubs as a whole including bets onleague position. this should include the far east.

4. I know the referees are assessedbut this needs to be undertakenby a person who is completely seperate from refereeing body.

5. The results of any investigation need to be published or at very least club made aware of them and it should indicate what aspects were investigated. It should also indicate what integrity checks are undertaken on referees and how often these are reviewed.

The championship brings great rewards to those clubs who gain promotion and with huge money comes risk and in fairness to all it is important to show the game has the level of integrity required and it is still the game we all love. The FA has to show they are proactive and reassure fans that they are being adjudicated impartially and no outside influnces are being applied.

• Agree 4
  • Thanks 1

Sheffield Wednesday fouls 16

Aston villa fouls 1

Bent as a butcher's hook

I don't usually moan too much about refs as it's usually a case of swings and roundabouts but today was I believe an obvious case of a weak ref sucking up to a so called big club and it's so called big name players.

• Agree 1

I’m happy to enough to accept defeat today and say we let some soft goals in through bad defending but the overall performance of Swarbrick was more than alarming ..... sheer absolute incompetence 

• Agree 1

My message to the officials today, and Snod (rollinginthe)grass

I would normally be ok with refereeing decisions if I can understand why a decision has been made even if I don't agree with it. However, today's performance from the man in claret (a significant choice of colour?) left me completely baffled and frustrated.

I counted at least seven incidents of "simulation" from one Villa player who dived more times than Jacques Custeau. Even if the referee only saw two of those incidents, he should not have been on the field of play.

The fouls on Clare and especially Nuhiu, both warranted cards with Terry lucky to be still on the field, but the referee didn't even think it was a foul!

The ratio of fouls - some say 16 to 1 in favour of Villa - should ring alarm bells in the corridors of power. I even thought that Whelan's goal was offside, but I'm happy to be corrected on that and, likewise, the Villa penalty award was a bit of a mystery considering some of the decisions made earlier, although that would have made no difference to the result. The clear foul on Joao in the first half forcing him to head wide when the Villa player simply ploughed into the back of him should also have been a penalty and a yellow card. I could go on as there were many decisions which, at best, showed incompetence and at worst, consequences that may be too pallid to consider.

The point is that, for too long now, referees are missing simple things that 20,000 folks sat 40 metres away can spot easily. Bad practice from players is being rewarded or ignored and the fans will soon lose patience and stop coming.

The custodians of the game are too involved with the likes of VAR when they should be looking at the "R" without the "VA" first.

• Agree 1

lol

probably one of the best hashtags I’ve ever seen

• Haha 1