60 Minutes

Ok, so the referee was the most one sided I ever seen, we still have to look at ourselves and ask what we could have done differently.

So it's the 60th minute and we are winning 2-1, we have a squad of players who can't play twice in a week and we have 7 subs.

It was clear that our tempo was dropping and Villa were getting on top, many of the players were looking tired, making tired passes and challenges.

Why oh why are we not freshening things up?

2 minutes ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

Ok, so the referee was the most one sided I ever seen, we still have to look at ourselves and ask what we could have done differently.

So it's the 60th minute and we are winning 2-1, we have a squad of players who can't play twice in a week and we have 7 subs.

It was clear that our tempo was dropping and Villa were getting on top, many of the players were looking tired, making tired passes and challenges.

Why oh why are we not freshening things up?

This, this 1,000,000% this. 

Subs needed to either freshen up players, break flow of game or just give us a breather! I couldn’t for life of me understand why we didn’t change anything. 

Also at that point we need our players to also be less naive. Stay down for few minutes, slow down a few set plays, not play risky balls when in full flight of counter putting team back under pressure.