Sean Clare

Shocker...play a midfielder who can run and it drives the team up the pitch. 

Yes Carlos I’m looking at you. 

What is really driving me nuts is DC is willing to pay Abdi, Rhodes, Fletcher, Boyd etc a ridiculous amount money to do the square route of fizz all yet he won’t pay our youngsters the going rate for players of their quality. These lads are either the basis of our future or we sell them on,  stop spending millions on past it crocks when there is talent right in front of your nose.

Back to the original subject, great performance from Clare. He offers something no other player has since DC took over.

Edited by northeastowl
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ka58 said:

Get clare and hirst signed and make something out of this shybo season.

let Wallace nuhiu matias and loovens go.

sell or loan fox, jones, rhodes, abdi, Westwood 

Send butterfield back, bring winnall back.

Wildsmith 

Palmer lees van aken pudil *new wing back 

clare Lee Bannan 

hooper/Joao/fletcher/winnall/hirst 

buy another rb/cm/pacy winger - not for daft money - players that are young and hungry for improvement as cover for Palmer, lee and winger as an option when we need pace.

dejphon - I’m available if you need me:))

6 hours ago, ka58 said:

Missed fessi off by mistake 

That's not the only mistake you've made and i don't think Dejpon will be calling you anytime soon.

How the hell can you leave our most consistent performer of this season and arguably a MOTM contender over the last ten games out of your side? 

Baffling mate.

Adam Reach worked his socks off on the left under CC and has been a revelation since being switched to the middle. 

I've always liked our Baz but he's got a job on his hands to dislodge Reach, Clare and Joey because he is a totally different player to all those 3.

I rate Lee highly too but his knackered hip means he will never play free from pain again unfortunately.

Also Hunt is a far better option in our current set up than Palmer.

So apart from getting half the team wrong, well done.

• Haha 3

He has played well against ,Derby and Villa ,I bet  Bruce was impressed with him ,Out of contract june ,His agents will have clubs knocking on the door for his services . We will offer him a  contract ,Which befits him coming through our youth system ,Which means it will be turned down. End up with Butterfield on 3 times wages , Its crazy at Hillsborough , When I served my apprenticeship I came out of my time  ,I got put on full money ,If Clare is good enough to play in the first team pay him proper bloody money .The ball is in your court Chansiri , Season ticket sales in the future ,Could rest on how you treat our young players ,To these over the hill crocks you keep signing.

I think I'm liking this suggestion that the club out forward of reducing prices and promoting players from the academy rather than paying extortionate prices to wonder where the likes of our marquee signings will ever be seen again. Clare has been a breath of fresh air in our stale 150th anniversary. Judging on his two performances against two of the strongest midfields he has offered far more than our other midfielders. His main attribute is his desire to drive the team forward instead of going backwards and sideways.

13 hours ago, HOSTAGE IN PYONGYANG said:

Did you go today? He was fantastic.

I did mate. I apologise it was just a bit of a sarcastic comment as when I’ve previously said we have good youth players, people seem to be bending over backwards to say why they’re not ready.

I think that’s just because it was sub-standard for such a long time though. It should be the norm that we actually have players coming through that can slot in to the first team, so hopefully that is the case from now on!

I’ve been a massive critic of Reach but he seems to be becoming more influential under the new manager. Clare obviously looks a talent and I just wonder if a front four next season of Reach, Clare, Forrestieri and Joao is a possibility next season as part of a 4-2-3-1 formation.

I’ve advocated going next season with the squad we’ve got as if we can keep them fit we may have a chance of getting up the table again. That said it all depends on us still be a championship club as if we’re not the decision will be automatically made which direction to go but the option is there to go with younger players as well, even more so if we have to?

Edited by Great Big Galaa

1 minute ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I’ve been a massive critic of Reach but he seems to be becoming more influential under the new manager. Clare obviously looks a talent and I just wonder if a front four next season of Reach, Clare, Forrestieri and Joao is a possibility next season as part of a 4-2-3-1 formation.

I’ve advocated going next season with the squad we’ve got as if we can keep them fit we may have a chance of getting up the table again. That said it all depends on us still be a championship club as if we’re not the decision will be automatically made which direction to go.

I like that attack all quite technical and athletic! 

I actually thought I'd entered the Twilight Zone yesterday. I mean, a Sheffield Wednesday midfielder who actually wanted to drive the ball forward with pace and power instead of getting the ball, pooing himself and looking for a simple sideways or backwards pass.

DOWN WITH THIS SORT OF THING.

19 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I’ve advocated going next season with the squad we’ve got as if we can keep them fit we may have a chance of getting up the table again. That said it all depends on us still be a championship club as if we’re not the decision will be automatically made which direction to go but the option is there to go with younger players as well, even more so if we have to?

Reach has been the player of the season for me. 

11 hours ago, modboy said:

Release them both. Not good enough

Hunt is more than good enough, was one of our best players earlier this season before injury, now he's getting fit again he's performing well. This system suits him perfectly, plus we do need to have a squad we can just release everybody.

Usually i see some fans over react about players etc after 1 game and think come on you need to give them 6 games to base an opinion, but with Clare he looks top top quality , carries the ball well looks composed , wins headers , good shot on him. Just look at the way he took his goal, then the volley which was a cracking effort , the deflected shot that was heading in, I would say he’s had more shots on target v villa then Many of others have had all season! 

Really need to get him on a new contract and fast, I think this lad could go all the way