Sean Clare

3 hours ago, Hack-Abusi said:

Chansiri, Miere, Jos The Boss, Stadium announcer, tea lady, DC's kids, whoever, whatever ... do everything you can to sign Clare up

What an absolute breath of fresh air ..

Give that man a contract!!!

Yeah someone will come sniffing if he continues to play that well.

In a season that has been an abject disappointment, and almost a total disgrace - someone like Sean Clare is exactly what is needed and exactly why youth needs to be blooded when possible.

The kid has no filter.   He runs, he runs, he has energy, he runs, he doesn't stop running - he respects no opposition.   It's up to them to stop him, it's not up to him to stop running at them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeffjohnsonmyhero said:

Get these young lads paid the going rate ,Just because they have come through the youth set up ,Means they should play for less ,What we paying Butterfield ,Clare should be on twice as much as Butterfield.

A bit too simplistic to say that, when Butterfield has played over 300 championship games and Clare has 2 starts. 

Butterfield was once much better than he's shown at us, hence being paid what he is. Same with Rhodes.

Im sure if Clare carries on his development like this he will be on more than Butterfield is at his age anyway. It's up to Clare to keep improving and making that place his own now

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Captain said:

Get this lad tied down on a long-term contract.

I’m not sure what it says about the club when we’ve got an extremely promising young local talent, who’s contract is up at the end of the season.  So we could lose him for a pittance in the summer.

Have we offered him a deal? Would be criminal to lose a very promising player coming through for nothing.

Don’t really make judgements on players unless I have seen them half a dozen times...sign this lad up now before others come offering him silly money. Yes you can pick faults in his game but the lad has that certain something, something different, something that you want - his first instinct is to go forward, to hurt the opposition, to run at pace with the ball under control. Him and Reach make us so much more of a theat with their positive runs, they are like a breath of fresh air to our pass sideways and backwards midfielders. Looks like a ‘proper’ player to me.

4 hours ago, Hack-Abusi said:

Chansiri, Miere, Jos The Boss, Stadium announcer, tea lady, DC's kids, whoever, whatever ... do everything you can to sign Clare up

What an absolute breath of fresh air ..

Give that man a contract!!!

^^^^^^^^^^^^ 

This 100% 

Players like Clare and Hirst are our only possible way out of the financial mess that stares us in the face. The new CEO has twigged this, and I suspect our grand plan is to hopefully sell one or both in the future for big money like she did at Charlton with Lookman. 

2 hours ago, WadsleyOwl said:

Why are the young lads fit and injury free is it because that clown had absolutely nothing to do with them. 

No 

its because they have been playing reserve team football....and because they are young lads

2 minutes ago, vulva said:

Players like Clare and Hirst are our only possible way out of the financial mess that stares us in the face. The new CEO has twigged this, and I suspect our grand plan is to hopefully sell one or both in the future for big money like she did at Charlton with Lookman. 

If we were to get anything like the amounts Charlton got for Lookman, I'd hope we'd re-invest a sizeable part of it back into the youth set-up.

2 minutes ago, Dot said:

No 

its because they have been playing reserve team football....and because they are young lads

It's academy football, not reserve football. Of course the intensity isn't the same but the young lads who are aspiring to first team football take it seriously and don't coast through their games like out of favour or returning from injury first team players might do. They can still get worn out or injured playing academy football if their preparation isn't correct.

2 minutes ago, cowl said:

If we were to get anything like the amounts Charlton got for Lookman, I'd hope we'd re-invest a sizeable part of it back into the youth set-up.

Good luck with that. My gut feeling is that any money would help reduce Chansiris outlay. Either way, I think throwing a few quid at the kids in the hope 1 or 2 come off is the right way to go. With Hirst, as soon and if he starts scoring a few goals, he could go for serious money. Just hope this new contract doesn’t have a lame release clause in it. 

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

It's academy football, not reserve football. Of course the intensity isn't the same but the young lads who are aspiring to first team football take it seriously and don't coast through their games like out of favour or returning from injury first team players might do. They can still get worn out or injured playing academy football if their preparation isn't correct.

so pretty much what I said

4 hours ago, Owlsman82 said:

He’s still not ready...

People need to start getting behind our youth players now, instead of constantly thinking of reasons why they won’t make it or aren’t ready.

The reason you have an academy is so you can actually play players in your first team. You’re not expecting match winning performances from them every game, but having them in and around the squad is great.

Well done Sean Clare!

Did you go today? He was fantastic.

1 minute ago, Dot said:

so pretty much what I said

Don't think it's that black and white no. The fitness problems of our first team aside from the injuries are well known. Not being part of the laissez-faire approach to fitness has probably benefited them as well as their youth and less intense matches.