Sean Clare

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Don't think it's that black and white no. The fitness problems of our first team aside from the injuries are well known. Not being part of the laissez-faire approach to fitness has probably benefited them as well as their youth and less intense matches.

young lads being fitter than older blokes shocker

Just now, Dot said:

young lads being fitter than older blokes shocker

Is it also no shock that virtually every other first team at this level has been fitter than us over the past 6 months or more?

2 minutes ago, vulva said:

Good luck with that. My gut feeling is that any money would help reduce Chansiris outlay. Either way, I think throwing a few quid at the kids in the hope 1 or 2 come off is the right way to go. With Hirst, as soon and if he starts scoring a few goals, he could go for serious money. Just hope this new contract doesn’t have a lame release clause in it. 

That just wouldn't be funny. I'd be shocked if we allowed such a thing to find its way into a contract of a player at their age though. There's just no advantage to us to agreeing to it, and it would have to be one of those where the other side say it's this or no deal - but that just doesn't seem likely really.

18 minutes ago, cowl said:

That just wouldn't be funny. I'd be shocked if we allowed such a thing to find its way into a contract of a player at their age though. There's just no advantage to us to agreeing to it, and it would have to be one of those where the other side say it's this or no deal - but that just doesn't seem likely really.

Would not surprise me at all. There has been a compromise here, and my bet would be on a heavily incentivised contract, and release clause. 

10 minutes ago, vulva said:

Would not surprise me at all. There has been a compromise here, and my bet would be on a heavily incentivised contract, and release clause. 

Incentivised contracts are fine, good even, but a release clause and we're being played far too easily by their agents.

I'm not actually so sure there's been a compromise as such anyway.

A new approach perhaps with Meire, but not necessarily a different offer. In fact, it may well have been enough just to stop the nonsense about not allowing him to play or train with his colleagues.

1 minute ago, cowl said:

Incentivised contracts are fine, good even, but a release clause and we're being played far too easily by their agents.

I'm not actually so sure there's been a compromise as such anyway.

A new approach perhaps with Meire, but not necessarily a different offer. In fact, it may well have been enough just to stop the nonsense about not allowing him to play or train with his colleagues.

Agree. I think part of the compromise is that Hirst can now see a clear path to the first team. After a crazy period of throwing money about, I reckon we are entering a phase where kids will get a chance, due to financial constraints. I reckon this deal is about more than money. We can’t afford to go out anymore and buy the likes of FF, Hooper et al. Such players will be moved on. The short term future of this club sits firmly on the shoulders of the likes of Wildsmith, Dawson, Thorniley, Clare and Hirst. 

We are going to see a very different football club over the next couple of years. 

• Like 1

Get clare and hirst signed and make something out of this shybo season.

let Wallace nuhiu matias and loovens go.

sell or loan fox, jones, rhodes, abdi, Westwood 

Send butterfield back, bring winnall back.

Wildsmith 

Palmer lees van aken pudil *new wing back 

clare Lee Bannan 

hooper/Joao/fletcher/winnall/hirst 

buy another rb/cm/pacy winger - not for daft money - players that are young and hungry for improvement as cover for Palmer, lee and winger as an option when we need pace.

dejphon - I’m available if you need me:))

Edited by ka58

14 minutes ago, ka58 said:

Wildsmith 

clare Lee Bannan 

buy another rb/cm/pacy winger - not for daft money - players that are young and hungry for improvement as cover for Palmer, lee and winger as an option when we need pace.

Missed fessi off by mistake 

33 minutes ago, ka58 said:

Wildsmith 

clare Lee Bannan 

Palmer ahead of Hunt? No way, Hunt is a proper wing back, Palmer isn't.

24 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Palmer ahead of Hunt? No way, Hunt is a proper wing back, Palmer isn't.

I should have put Palmer/Hunt - you’re right.

1 hour ago, vulva said:

Agree. I think part of the compromise is that Hirst can now see a clear path to the first team. After a crazy period of throwing money about, I reckon we are entering a phase where kids will get a chance, due to financial constraints. I reckon this deal is about more than money. We can’t afford to go out anymore and buy the likes of FF, Hooper et al. Such players will be moved on. The short term future of this club sits firmly on the shoulders of the likes of Wildsmith, Dawson, Thorniley, Clare and Hirst. 

We are going to see a very different football club over the next couple of years. 

That's not what we voted for though lol

Edited by RUMBELOWS91
  • Haha 1

Looks a player love players who see space and attack it doesn't panic when they have a chance to shoot looks at home in the first team straight away. His only weakness was decision making in the last third but that will come with time and when he has better players making better runs around him. Get him signed up asap he definitely has a future in the game 

2 hours ago, vulva said:

I've long wanted us to be regularly producing from within, and yet the idea of relying on them fills me with foreboding, especially if moving the likes of players of the calibre of Forestieri and Hooper would be part of the plan.

I was deeply impressed with Clare's performance today, and yet it's clear we're still going to need a little bit more than raw energy and uncompromising self-belief; we'll also need a counter-balance to the footballing naivety that goes hand-in-hand with this.

We can look toward the job that Meire did at Charlton, but I'd like to think that Chansiri's a different beast to Duchâtelet, and so the bottom line for Meire here with us will be perhaps significantly enough different under Chansiri than what she had when she was at Charlton, and that providing a competitive budget for the first-team coach is also much higher on her priority list than what it was at Charlton.

One way or another it'll be a very interesting summer.