OFFICIAL Coarse and Match Fishing Thread

theowlsman

On 15/08/2021 at 17:15, Bolsterstone Owl said:

PB Barbel. 

Been told its won this week's Drennan Cup in the Angling Times.

New cap then!

20210803_124433.jpg

Superb fish Steve. Well done. Pity only Andy seen it and he was probably there. Why don't you post on the WhatsApp forum. We would love to see these fish. Only saw this by chance as I was looking for something else. 

15 minutes ago, A47Owl said:

Superb fish Steve. Well done. Pity only Andy seen it and he was probably there. Why don't you post on the WhatsApp forum. We would love to see these fish. Only saw this by chance as I was looking for something else. 

I've had a break from all social media bar my Facebook Dave.

Put me back on if you want pal.

Fished one of our local pub matches on Sunday at Moorfield Lakes, we fished the small lake which usually has good weights.

It was very slow going and although everyone caught the weights were low.

I won the match with 30lb 2oz of carp and F1's caught mainly on the feeder with 8mm hard pellet, second had 27lb 4oz fishing same method, third had 26lb 10oz on pole fished hard pellet.

• Like 3

On 07/09/2021 at 11:27, Hookowl said:

Fished one of our local pub matches on Sunday at Moorfield Lakes, we fished the small lake which usually has good weights.

It was very slow going and although everyone caught the weights were low.

I won the match with 30lb 2oz of carp and F1's caught mainly on the feeder with 8mm hard pellet, second had 27lb 4oz fishing same method, third had 26lb 10oz on pole fished hard pellet.

I think lots of places have fished hard over the last week or so. It’s been a very strange year for match fishing….let’s hope next year is better. 

• Like 1

Last 11 matches.

9 match wins

2 second places

Winter Leagues commenced. Won first two matches at Blundells.

Already switched to winter tactics. Size 20 or 22 hooks to 0.10 lines fishing maggots or pinkies, reducing the feed, little and often from a cad pot on the end of my pole, fishing long pole, then switching to the 5/6 metre line for the last 1.5 hours, increasing the feed slightly and feeding by hand to make the splashing, attract fish, and bag up short late in the match.

Winning matches with silvers over carp unless the F1s turn up.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1