OFFICIAL Coarse and Match Fishing Thread

4 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Merry Christmas everyone and a Happy Easter too.

Been fishing once since the beginning of December. Two weeks ago. 

Thinking of going again tomorrow too (Bank Holiday Monday). First match for over five months on Friday.

Two weeks ago had a day out ar Whitmores Fishery on East Lake. I was a bit rusty. Caught strady on maggots up until lunch, on silvers plus a carp and a barbel. Then switched to my margins fishing micros and corn, corn on the hook and had a steady run of carp to 8lbs and barbel to 6lbs. Ended up with between 80-90lbs. A nice intro back into fishing.

Hope everyone is well?

All well and living on whats app Simon .

• Like 1
On 04/04/2021 at 11:56, Tarquin said:

All well and living on whats app Simon .

Just updated it. It was three months in need of an update, I wasn't getting any messages. Mind you I think my phone has needed a recharge for two days now too. Lol

• Haha 3
3 hours ago, Hookowl said:

Lovely day no fish apart from one skimmer 

70E6F2D3-8433-45F1-86A1-9281D499D724.jpeg

Similar for me yesterday mate. Fished a match at Norwood Cottage and didn't even weigh in. These overnight frosts aren't helping.

• Like 1

House scouting this week, off to a little town called Orrefors, house is a little tired but has its own fishing pond!

image.thumb.png.8426be5784513733e3d80b6c84fc4b07.png

image.thumb.png.ca5fd2d527482c75bb241c7910a40fda.png

image.thumb.png.705e9c62e4b39192a336b2fdc5030e9f.png

Plot is a hectare in total and there's a guest cottage and a couple of outbuildings

The town I'll be staying overnight in has a really nice stocked lake that is managed for shore fishing which is very uncommon in Sweden most lakes barely have any shore pegs because boat fishing is so prevalent https://www.orreforsfiske.se/

• Like 4

Captured some video of the pond:

Decent size and looks quite interesting, no idea how deep it is or what's in it...

• Like 1

You`ll be setting up a little side line exporting Orrefors glass then Paul. Some old pieces on Antiques Roadshow have brought high money even the modern stuff is pricey

• Like 1

Funnily enough I'd never heard of that stuff and it's all you find when googling the name or trying to find facebook groups about the town! There's a load of places you can go for tours in the town and see the glasswork being made, really funky!

• Like 4
13 hours ago, trevdi9 said:

Are you taking bookings lol 

Needs a finished house first, it's a bit rough right now! 😉

41 minutes ago, Paul.. said:

Needs a finished house first, it's a bit rough right now! 😉

Unfortunately that describes our defence this season :wacko:

6 minutes ago, Tarquin said:

Unfortunately that describes our defence this season :wacko:

And midfield and attack 😉

• Like 1

Just had a nice chat with the lady selling the house, the pond was dug in the mid 70s, has rainbow trout in it and possibly hasn't been fished for 20 years...

• Like 2

Fished our first match this year yesterday at Candy Corner, Blaxton. It was quite warm and sunny but the water still seemed very cold and everyone struggled to get the fish feeding. There were loads of carp cruising on the top but they didn't seem interested in feeding. Out of 14 people that fished  2 blanked, and 5 only had one fish.

Match was won with 31lbs, 2nd was 30lb 4 oz, 3rd was 12lb 2oz. I managed 1 bite all match and caught a 5lb 4oz carp.

• Like 1

Is it still possible to get whisker barb eyed hooks in sized 14-22? Need to stock up and they were my favourite back in the day.

Micro barbed is ok too the same thing right? I primarily fish with worm so going full barbless won't necessarily be ideal.

3 hours ago, Paul.. said:

Micro barbed is ok too the same thing right? I primarily fish with worm so going full barbless won't necessarily be ideal.

Both are the same Paul, think I have used them a long time ago. Would have been Kamasan. I only use eyed hooks as well. You can feed the worm right round the shank and over the eye which helps to keep it on the hook. 

Yeah but they don't seem available anymore so if anyone can recommend a micro barb brand of eyed hooks I'd greatly appreciate it 🙂