OFFICIAL Coarse and Match Fishing Thread

Matchday is going insane. I just seen a poster wish other fans would die. And another say the death of a few million old people wouldn't be a problem.

Time to take a break I think.

Back to fishing. Tomorrow  I'm going to have another go at the place I've been fishing for a few more big perch. I did well on one lake last week and smashed them but that was the pool with more fish in it but not the BIG fish. Now I've proved what i'm doing works I'm going to go after the big fish on the other lake. Far fewer fish but they go to upper 4's on there. It might mean a few blanks but I'm ok with that.

I've got loads of lobs and some dendrobenas to chop up as loose feed and king prawn for the other rod.

• Like 2

Had a day pleasure fishing at Raker fishery on the High Bank lake, had a carp about 6lb on the first cast, then nothing for 2hrs , finished up with the carp and 4 skimmers all on double red dead maggots, it fished very hard as the temperature never got above 2* ,but no blank again.

• Like 3

Here's a view of me fishing without wasting energy, ladder peg on Gunthorpe Island. Thought the left rod could do with a little bit more of a bend in the tip. Instead of getting off my seat it looks like I'm turning the handle with my foot. 

Also a foot shot for Simon - seasons greetings to all. 

DSC_0142.JPG

• Haha 2
2 minutes ago, Tarquin said:

Here's a view of me fishing without wasting energy, ladder peg on Gunthorpe Island. Thought the left rod could do with a little bit more of a bend in the tip. Instead of getting off my seat it looks like I'm turning the handle with my foot. 

Also a foot shot for Simon - seasons greetings to all. 

DSC_0142.JPG

great pic mate , have a great Christmas Andy 

Edited by trevdi9
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Went on NYD to a local pond that was still ice free and caught this lovely 11" Rainbow. Went home immediately after as it was effin freezing (-4C)!

On 01/01/2021 at 17:56, Utah Owl said:

20210101_162249.jpg

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, trevdi9 said:

nice fish Leon , hope you had a great christmas and new year mate 

I did thanks. Hope the same for you and Di too!

• Like 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Utah Owl said:

Thank you buddy 

Right, my next mission is to catch a nice Brownie out of the Provo River (it runs right through our town - Provo - and is one of the top Trout rivers in the country), something I have so far failed miserably at!

• Like 5

Right, my next mission is to catch a nice Brownie out of the Provo River (it runs right through our town - Provo - and is one of the top Trout rivers in the country), something I have so far failed miserably at!

best of luck buddy 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, trevdi9 said:

best of luck buddy 

Going to need it, really need to be a fly fisherman to be successful on that river and I don't know how to fly fish.............

....................yet!

• Like 2
12 hours ago, Utah Owl said:

Good luck mate

• Like 2