Long term Jos....

Rumours abound that our man might be off at the end of the season.

Dug around this site but can't find the post people are referencing.

Any evidence?

Would be a shame IMO as he's done a good job in very tough conditions. I'd like to see what he could do with a full squad to pick from and after a full pre season to work with the players.

I can't see it.

If it was only a short term appointment, surely they'd have appointed someone with knowledge of the league and the club.

Everything Jos seems to be doing, points towards a long term approach. Can't see what Luhukay would've got out of coming to a completely unknown club in a different country, for five months with no prospect of achieving anything.

I've been impressed with him so far. Has shown that he's not afraid to make bold decisions, and that he's very sure in his ways how to manage the team. He's turned us from a complete shambles who couldn't keep clean sheets, into an organised unit who have become very hard to beat, with a tiny group of players made up of kids, misfits and players returning from injury. 

I'm encouraged to see what he could do with our club when he gets our best players fit and performing. 

2 minutes ago, frastheowl said:

I can't see it.

If it was only a short term appointment, surely they'd have appointed someone with knowledge of the league and the club.

Everything Jos seems to be doing, points towards a long term approach. Can't see what Luhukay would've got out of coming to a completely unknown club in a different country, for five months with no prospect of achieving anything.

I've been impressed with him so far. Has shown that he's not afraid to make bold decisions, and that he's very sure in his ways how to manage the team. He's turned us from a complete shambles who couldn't keep clean sheets, into an organised unit who have become very hard to beat, with a tiny group of players made up of kids, misfits and players returning from injury. 

I'm encouraged to see what he could do with our club when he gets our best players fit and performing. 

I wouldn’t be too optimistic that he could galvanise many of those players They want clearing out, most weren’t good enough anyway

13 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Neil claimed it, then refused to say if he really heard it, who he heard it from, if it's real etc. etc.

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

I wouldn’t be too optimistic that he could galvanise many of those players They want clearing out, most weren’t good enough anyway

The likes of Forestieri, Bannan, Hooper, Lees and Lee are all good enough. 

Put those five into a side with Luhukay's added organisation and solidity, I'd like to think we'd see some positive results. 

Unfortunately, I do fear, that if we want a clear out, four of those five (assuming Lee is shot) are the most likely to demand fees that we may be desperate to accept. 

FWIW I honestly think Jos is going about running us in a proper and proffesional way, he doesn’t seem to be rushing players back before they’re ready and that alone suggests to me he’s here for a longer term, I can honestly see this guy getting us promoted and at no point did I ever think Carlos would, however, once into the “promised land” will he then be good enough to cope with all the pre madonnas ?

That said, I’d certainly like to see him give it a go !

28 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Any evidence?

Would be a shame IMO as he's done a good job in very tough conditions. I'd like to see what he could do with a full squad to pick from and after a full pre season to work with the players.

Neil posted that Jos is leaving. Over the course of 5 hours, 18 threads and 95 posts, I pursued him around Owlstalk to request he elaborate. He disappeared. Tinks started a thread about it. It was deleted after 5 minutes. A seven page thread entitled "Braddo" appeared in the Owlstalk Site Information section in relation to my efforts. Neil still refuses to engage or elaborate on his post that states Jos is leaving at season end. His post. His site. Just left it hanging out there. It's not on tbf. 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, פɹᴉɯqɐɹᴉɐu said:

Neil claimed it, then refused to say if he really heard it, who he heard it from, if it's real etc. etc.

16 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

DC already stated at the last steering group meeting that his contract goes beyond this season. 

So its nothing more than our esteemed dictator and his sunstroke getting carried away again. I should have known!

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

Neil posted that Jos is leaving. Over the course of 5 hours, 18 threads and 95 posts, I pursued him around Owlstalk to request he elaborate. He disappeared. Tinks started a thread about it. It was deleted after 5 minutes. A seven page thread entitled "Braddo" appeared in the Owlstalk Site Information section in relation to my efforts. Neil still refuses to engage or elaborate on his post that states Jos is leaving at season end. His post. His site. Just left it hanging out there. It's not on tbf. 

And he can't even be negged for it!

• Haha 5

I think people are intending far more malice in what Neil's done than what's intended. He mentioned the thing about Jos, then thought better of leaving it up here. For better or worse, Neil's someone that gets a bit more insight into the goings on at Hillsborough than most, and that gives a bit more weight to any claims like that he'd make. Clearly he doesn't want it to be "a thing" that goes throughout the fanbase for the next few months, and I don't blame him. Could be entirely true, could be simply a possibility, could be rubbish or could even be a self-fulfilling prophecy... we don't need an air like that running through the club right now that could lead to any of the above outcomes.

As for him hitting down hard on continuous posts referring to it, well... the only thing worse than the sort of atmosphere I mentioned above is someone continuously trying to bring up said atmosphere when it'd be best to just leave it lol

Back on topic though... I'd like to see where we're at in 15 months time with Jos at the helm. We can reassess then (unless something drastic happens)

9 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

I think people are intending far more malice in what Neil's done than what's intended. He mentioned the thing about Jos, then thought better of leaving it up here. For better or worse, Neil's someone that gets a bit more insight into the goings on at Hillsborough than most, and that gives a bit more weight to any claims like that he'd make. Clearly he doesn't want it to be "a thing" that goes throughout the fanbase for the next few months, and I don't blame him. Could be entirely true, could be simply a possibility, could be rubbish or could even be a self-fulfilling prophecy... we don't need an air like that running through the club right now that could lead to any of the above outcomes.

As for him hitting down hard on continuous posts referring to it, well... the only thing worse than the sort of atmosphere I mentioned above is someone continuously trying to bring up said atmosphere when it'd be best to just leave it lol

Back on topic though... I'd like to see where we're at in 15 months time with Jos at the helm. We can reassess then (unless something drastic happens)

That's a funny way of saying 'endless controversy drives up more owlstalk readers...

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

When have you ever been too optimistic about anything? lol

They weren't good enough when they were mismanaged, unfit and injured. They still however should have beaten Huddersfield after getting the goal and would have been more than a match for Reading in the final.

Even after that the majority thought we were only 3 or 4 players away from being nailed on for automatic promotion and nailed on for the play offs even without significant additions.

It may be more difficult to bring in the 3 or 4 we needed for autos with FFP and it may be difficult to get everybody fit and back to their best but if we do and manage tactics and fitness properly we still have a good chance of promotion next season.