Sheffield Wednesday vs Villa - Injuries mounting on both sides

Sheffield Wednesday vs Aston Villa, who has more injured players?

Sheffield Wednesday and Aston Villa are suffering astonishing injury crisis ahead of their Saturday clash.

Aston Villa’s boss Steve Bruce has confirmed that neither Jack Grealish or Albert Adomah are likely to return for the Championship clash with Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday.

But this is not all, there are other problems as Robert Snodgrass had to go off at half-time in the Preston game – according to Bruce he is ill – and Ahmed Elmohamady was only introduced late on as he picked up a knock in the Fulham game.

But Wednesday’s treatment table is considerably bigger with no fewer than 16 players expected to miss tomorrow’s match at Hillsborough.

Despite having an array of striking options on the books – including Jordan Rhodes, Gary Hooper and Steven Fletcher – Luhukay didn’t name a recognised striker in his starting XI as the Owls were beaten 2-1 at Millwall in midweek.

Star players Keiren Westwood, Tom Lees, Sam Hutchinson, Kieran Lee, Barry Bannan, Hooper. Fletcher and Fernando Forestieri are all set to miss out which means Villa will come up against an extremely depleted Wednesday team.

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Kagoshimaowl

I don't get this 16 injured.

Westwood, Palmer, Lees, van Aken, Thorniley, Hutch, Bannan, Lee, Forestieri, Fletcher, Abdi, Hooper.

That is 12.  Jos was suggesting that Joao was injured too, but that's still only 13.  Even if you include Rhodes, who I thought was fine and Winnall who is technically our player on that list, it's still not 16.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
1 minute ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

I don't get this 16 injured.

Westwood, Palmer, Lees, van Aken, Thorniley, Hutch, Bannan, Lee, Forestieri, Fletcher, Abdi, Hooper.

That is 12.  Jos was suggesting that Joao was injured too, but that's still only 13.  Even if you include Rhodes, who I thought was fine and Winnall who is technically our player on that list, it's still not 16.

Poo!  Forgot about Matias!  Is that the 16 then??

I bet at least 2 of those ‘injured’ villa players are on the team sheet. Villa need the points to get back into the automatic spot, so they’ll play with nigggles or knocks to get the points in the bag. The prize is too big

Apparently Grealish is back influencing the play, rather than playing a bit part. 

Edited by Rogers