GEORGE HIRST SCORES ON RETURN TO SWFC TEAM!!

1 minute ago, 31Dec1966 said:

Exactly. We seem to have people on here who think they know all about this situation. I don't think they do. We have a new CEO and a new manager who has said if they're good enough they're old enough!  GH claims he's older and wiser. Should he be on the bench or involved tomorrow in front of a big crowd he may well have second thoughts. There could well be further negotiations, we just don't know. it's definitely positive news.

He's not going to play 85 mins today and feature tomorrow. Maybe an outside chance of Tuesday.

35 minutes ago, briggowl said:

I'd rather we'd have chucked 10k a week at Hirst for 4 years than £10m and 40k a week on Rhodes. I've no idea of actual figures btw.

in principle thats fine and id prefer the gamble, but if you did that then have 11 u23s (Clare, Thorniley etc) at the managers door demanding similar, and first team players who arent even on that demanding a pay rise and causing unrest, it can cause quite the sh*tstorm. 

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Won a penalty

Scored a goal

Played excellently

Ran his socks off

All after 7 or 8 months out

He's playing in the under 23's Neil?

We can only judge him against Championship opposition

The team played some good football and pressed well. The offensive players were far more impressive than defence. Three at back to me is either highly defensive or you need right players the set up today did not look good at back..

Abdi scored penalty, lamed one of their players and made lovely pass for goal but looked well short of the player we were led to believe he was.

Hirst natural goal scorer and did ok, his touch was not as good as I have seen previously but considering has not played for months did extremely well.

With regard Hirst situation there was some comment months ago about manager not having much of a role in his inactivity. Think today this has proved that wrong. the level of contract offered is determined by manager. If a player is an Academy player even though a good one he gets an Academy contract. Our U/23 players were not seen as first team material and received offers in accordance with this. If they prove they are first team material contract offer will be revised. Thorniley has shown he can play at this level and has received improved contract offer. I am certain if others show capability at first team level improved contract offers will follow.

Chansiri is no fool and he knows strikers are most expensive element of team and you need more than one regular goal scorer. We currently have some expensive strikers who can not score or are injury prone in extreme so goal scoring will need to be addressed in summer and may be cheaper to offer better contract than bring some one in.

I think stuff is still up in the air. If and if we have reached a solution than brilliant. However he will need to sign that contract for me, before I change my opinion on his motives.

Fingers crossed Carlos was the issue and we all move on.

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

What you on about? DC doesn't like players who don't sign contracts. Reluctantly lets them back into the fold when we have an injury crisis. Personally find it ridiculous that Hirst has been frozen out for so long, the lad hasn't actively refused to play. 

If Clare doesn't start tomorrow I think that says a lot. Personally hope he does.

I'm actually on about your comment, that DC does not want him anywhere near the club, reluctantly lets him play? So Jos (whom DC has never heard of) has twisted his arm and said play the foooker you dimwit.

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

What you on about? DC doesn't like players who don't sign contracts. Reluctantly lets them back into the fold when we have an injury crisis. Personally find it ridiculous that Hirst has been frozen out for so long, the lad hasn't actively refused to play. 

If Clare doesn't start tomorrow I think that says a lot. Personally hope he does.

Wouldn’t any chairman with the interest of the club at heart have an issue with a player who doesn’t want to sign a contract to play for his club ?

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

Wouldn’t any chairman with the interest of the club at heart have an issue with a player who doesn’t want to sign a contract to play for his club ?

But while that person is still an employee the club should utilise that person .

2 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

But while that person is still an employee the club should utilise that person .

This is a Football club, things are done differently than they are in the normal work environment

agents rule,  it’s just as plausible for me to claim George Hirst’s agent/advisors told him not to play for the club than it is for people to claim Chansiri wants him nowhere near the club