Dom Howson - "Where did the season ticket holders go??"

Guest Bulgaria
3 hours ago, OxonOwl said:

Enid Blyton never had a good word to say about Sheffield Wednesday.

I dunno..... she did write a book called 

" lets go to the circus"

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Truth is that these days ANY article that's put up about Wednesday whether it be from Staton, Howson, Newsome, Biggs, Star, Nationals etc are immediately dismissed and the journalist personally attacked

So so incorrect

It's possible to attend the club's official press gatherings and then produce an interesting and informative piece afterwards

Angela Galvin does so every week

And if you're after a more 'neutral' perspective then the Yorkshire Post is worth checking out too

The 'articles' served up by The Star are generally depressing and poorly written by comparison

Why is that?

I don’t usually buy the ‘he is anti Wednesday’ claims but this is unnecessarily negative. We are hardly the first to have a low attendance for a televised cup tie.

Wouldn’t necessarily want it that way but James Shield would be writing about how it makes United bigger than Juventus. 

Howson would be be better using his time investigating the causes of our injuries.

5 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Saturday’s FA Cup fifth round encounter with Swansea City failed to capture the imagination of the Sheffield public. Thousands of Wednesday’s season ticket holders stayed away from S6. Only 19,427 spectators turned up.

Read more at: https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/why-there-is-no-excuse-for-the-low-crowd-against-swansea-city-dom-howson-s-sheffield-wednesday-column-1-9031104

It's just click bait really.  

I won't fall for it. :luhukay:

He's an absolute wet wipe, isn't he? Was same with the other guy (Liam?) who instead of praising DC for freezing S/T prices & making quid a game for kids, decided to go with the headline of 'no refunds this time round'. 

I hope Jos stirs Dooms tea with his knob before the next presser.

Edited by PolarNigel
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, Owling Wolfe said:

Such a negative fanny, then again it seems to be the norm for both the Star and Radio Sheffield lately.

My grandma used to tell me " if you've got nothing nice to say, dont say anything".

Agree with your Grandma but I'd have nothing to read on here if we all followed that advice. 

• Haha 1

Guest Bulgaria
16 minutes ago, PolarNigel said:

He's an absolute wet wipe, isn't he? Was same with the other guy (Liam?) who instead of praising DC for freezing S/T prices & making quid a game for kids, decided to go with the headline of 'no refunds this time round'. 

I hope Jos stirs Dooms tea with his knob before the next presser.

not sure if its the tache, but one gets the impression that our jos could be the owner of a rather impressive todger.

just love the tired old cliches such as

''Wednesday’s expensively assembled team should still be performing far better than they currently are''

surley he realises that Wednesday’s expensively assembled team are all injured and that the teams put out under Jos have been kids from the academy and free transfers or bargain binners (other than Reach & Joao)