Dom Howson - "Where did the season ticket holders go??"

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
45 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

He was the sole reason the attendance was as high as it was

Agreed. I'm not in the anti local media camp and certainly I think that RS is a great local service but given that the cup has lost it's lustre metaphorically in recent years along with it being televised etc I think that Dom is out of kilter on this one.

Edited by Xxxxxxxxcxcc

Can't be arsed to read whatever drivel he has fetched up, but the title of this thread appears that he is suggesting that there is a causal relationship between someone purchasing a season ticket and then purchasing a one-off cup match ticket, which of course there isn't.  IDIOT of the first order.

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

He didn't single a particular fan out though

Let's keep it classy 

Yeah, he labeled all season ticket holders with the same tag by asking where they were without any knowledge of how many of the 19,000 or so Wednesday fans at the match were season ticket holders. 

Just now, BIG D said:

I’m getting a bit sick of Howson and that f**ker Indiana now. Staton is trying too hard, he’s like that Dad who has to ref his lads game and gives everything to the opposition because he doesn’t want to be accused of bias. 

No he isn't

Our fans this season are bordering on hysterical babies about the local media

We're having a bad season

I don't honestly know what is expected of local media during bad seasons

lol

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, The Captain said:

Yeah but that match was our chance to show the club hierarchy that cheap ticket are capable of resulting in a high attendance or summat.

According to some posters on here, the fans should be ashamed that we didn’t get a 30K attendance apparently.

I am always ashamed.

That's because I do terrible things.

Regularly.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

No he isn't

Our fans this season are bordering on hysterical babies about the local media

We're having a bad season

I don't honestly know what is expected of local media during bad seasons

lol

He waited nearly a week and then published this article. What do you think he was hoping to achieve by it, what is the point of it a week on from the event? 

I don't think they have a purposeful negative agenda against us really but what do you think the purpose of the article was other than click bait? If he is using something like this as click bait just to get views at our expense then it doesn't amount to great journalism does it.  

3 minutes ago, BIG D said:

I’m getting a bit sick of Howson and that f**ker Indiana now. Staton is trying too hard, he’s like that Dad who has to ref his lads game and gives everything to the opposition because he doesn’t want to be accused of bias. 

Correct. Everyone agrees with you mate. I think they read this website from time to time so its obvious why some are trying to defend them.

They have such bitterness towards Wednesday. Rob Staton is usually the best but even he's beginning to get in on the act. His tone in yesterdays interview with Jos was nothing short of a disgrace. 

If there's a negative to be found you can bet your bottom dollar Howson will have found it already looking for his next one...  

I don't tend to subscribe to the "journalists are against us" viewpoint...but feel like the Star and Radio Sheffield are enjoying kicking us whilst we are down.

Put it this way:

Would Rob Staton, Giddings or the other bloke pose questions (in the manner and tone) to Chris Wilder (who is everyone's fav atm) like they have done previously to Carlos and now Jos?

I highly doubt it.

Just now, SiJ said:

I don't tend to subscribe to the "journalists are against us" viewpoint...but feel like the Star and Radio Sheffield are enjoying kicking us whilst we are down.

Put it this way:

Would Rob Staton, Giddings or the other bloke pose questions (in the manner and tone) to Chris Wilder (who is everyone's fav atm) like they have done previously to Carlos and now Jos?

I highly doubt it.

Yes they would

Owls fans are being way oversensitive

We're having a bad season that's all

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Yes they would

Owls fans are being way oversensitive

We're having a bad season that's all

We will agree to disagree.

Plus - you can't start a thread (with a linked article) and then get all defensive when people start commenting on it.

Just now, SiJ said:

We will agree to disagree.

Plus - you can't start a thread (with a linked article) and then get all defensive when people start commenting on it.

I'm not being defensive

I'm saying that posting pictures of a local journalist and calling him names is petty and we should consider maybe not lowering ourselves to that.

Owlstalk Shop