Dom Howson - "Where did the season ticket holders go??"

Saturday’s FA Cup fifth round encounter with Swansea City failed to capture the imagination of the Sheffield public. Thousands of Wednesday’s season ticket holders stayed away from S6. Only 19,427 spectators turned up.

Read more at: https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/why-there-is-no-excuse-for-the-low-crowd-against-swansea-city-dom-howson-s-sheffield-wednesday-column-1-9031104

Owlstalk Shop

Well i went and to be fair thought it was a reasonable effort for an FA Cup tie v unglamourous Swansea, early KO and on telly.  How does it compare to other FA Cup ties, I know the Swans had a very poor gate in the Notts C replay.

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

It's very easy for someone such as Dom Howson who doesn't have to pay to attend matches to sit on his high horse judging fans who do have to pay.

As fans we pay more than most clubs at this level for our season tickets, to then moan at fans for not then paying even more on top of that to attend a match for a cup competition that the manager doesn't see as a priority (hence the number of changes made from the Derby win) is a bit rich.

Or perhaps I'm being a bit harsh on Dom, perhaps Dom is just confusing the amount our fans spend on tickets with those of his beloved Huddersfield Town?