Championship Table - 8 points clear

Championship League Table.jpg

Wednesday sit in 16th place currently and eight points clear of Burton Albion and Hull City who hover on the edge of the relegation spots

Whilst nobody is taking anything for granted i think we'll be safe enough although will still be a relief to get over the finish line and secure it for definite.

It's the FA Cup progression that I"m wanting now though. Don't know about you guys but a continuation in the cup would be amazing.

Sunderland and Barnsley look doomed if their recent form is anything to go by as they struggle to even pick up draws.

The 22nd place is more up in the air as Burton, Hull, Birmingham and Bolton seem to be battling that one out

Let's hope we can secure a few more points and stay safe, although I honestly believe we're prioritising getting the players totally fit and injury free first and picking up the points slowly as we go rather than busting all our players to death to secure the points needed earlier.

Owlstalk Shop

49 minutes ago, Owls_fan_since_1983 said:

I will sooner Hull win tonight,   to keep United from the top 6

Personally l’d love them to get bummed in the playoffs. Hopes raised, giros spent, granny sausage finger’s pension frittered away, coach loads of urchins with no shoes on being taken to London for a pap day out, Simonsen style penalty taking, blades for justice shoe protest after etc etc. lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Let's hope we can secure a few more points and stay safe, although I honestly believe we're prioritising getting the players totally fit and injury free first and picking up the points slowly as we go rather than busting all our players to death to secure the points needed earlier.

This part of your posts suggest you're new to football and don't understand it. This clearly isn't the case

All football teams try and pick up points as fast as they can, regardless of league position or which part of the season. The highlighted statement is pretty incredible.

It almost you think we're the Hare against the other Tortoises (Sunderland Barnsley et al). What do you mean pick up points slowly, Incredible stuff.

We need to try and pick up points as soon as possible, cause all the other teams will be trying to. I genuinely think some are deluded and think SWFC, somehow have a guaranteed sprint finish in the locker (we might have, but we might not).

Surely if the stories coming out about Jos not being here after the summer we need to finish as high as possible to make ourselves an attractive as possible to the new man coming in. If this story is genuinely true and not just Owlstalk then we should have someone already lined and not wait till he leaves then start looking you know like we seem to always do.

As for this week end Barnsley play the Brum so even with a villa lose at worse we would be 6 points off the bottom three but if we can win tomorrow we could be double figures away from the bottom 3.

Who would have thought this time last year after missing out on the play off final because we bottled it against Huddersfield, we would be sat here tying to work out what we need to avoid relegation. Then this week instead of the season tickets reducing in prices they stay the same. The joys of being an unappreciated fan. We will be here long after others have left but once in a while it would be nice to feel a little valued by your club.

4 hours ago, room0035 said:

Surely if the stories coming out about Jos not being here after the summer we need to finish as high as possible to make ourselves an attractive as possible to the new man coming in. If this story is genuinely true and not just Owlstalk then we should have someone already lined and not wait till he leaves then start looking you know like we seem to always do.

As for this week end Barnsley play the Brum so even with a villa lose at worse we would be 6 points off the bottom three but if we can win tomorrow we could be double figures away from the bottom 3.

Who would have thought this time last year after missing out on the play off final because we bottled it against Huddersfield, we would be sat here tying to work out what we need to avoid relegation. Then this week instead of the season tickets reducing in prices they stay the same. The joys of being an unappreciated fan. We will be here long after others have left but once in a while it would be nice to feel a little valued by your club.

Stories coming out from where about Jos not staying?

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Nowhere at all

Just a couple of folk overreacting 

He walked from his last job didn't he?

I wonder how long he will be patient with getting brickbats about stuff he has had little control over?

Seems happy enough at the press conferences...bit of a forced smile sometimes tho lol