This press conference has got me very angry

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

Happens all the time, at every club, probably every business

Makes no sense in this case for Carlos to lie as indicting himself.  But mainly zero evidence.

2 minutes ago, Xxxxxxxxcxcc said:

Makes no sense in this case for Carlos to lie as indicting himself.  But mainly zero evidence.

As I said, it happens all the time, and very few managers speak out against it, preferring to tow the party line Can only think of Conte, and the Fulham guy who’ve spoken against it

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
Just now, gurujuan said:

As I said, it happens all the time, and very few managers speak out against it, preferring to tow the party line Can only think of Conte, and the Fulham guy who’ve spoken against it

Zero evidence in this case and makes no sense. Zero evidence.

40 minutes ago, dnhc said:

so as a % then, how much?

Does it matter? What matters more is that we realise we still have many issues at our club that won't be cleared until big changes are made. The change of manager should have been the start of the process but I'm not holding my breath that the other changes need will follow.

Michael Gray talked about fitness levels on TalkSport about six weeks ago.

He said the main difference between championship and premiership players was - fitness. 

That too many professional footballers did just enough. He was genuinely shocked at the attitude displayed by teammates at his last club. Citing this as the number one reason he decided to retire. He didn't want to play with players who didn't work hard enough and were allowed to be lazy by management. 

I was shocked. Seems history repeats itself? 

7 minutes ago, Snake Plissken said:

Michael Gray talked about fitness levels on TalkSport about six weeks ago.

He said the main difference between championship and premiership players was - fitness. 

That too many professional footballers did just enough. He was genuinely shocked at the attitude displayed by teammates at his last club. Citing this as the number one reason he decided to retire. He didn't want to play with players who didn't work hard enough and were allowed to be lazy by management. 

I was shocked. Seems history repeats itself? 

Wasn't his last year the year we went down?

13 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Wasn't his last year the year we went down?

Indeed it was Snoots. It's just about the only time we've ever had a mention on TalkSport! 

He replied to hosts questions ( who was clearly doubtful ) by reiterating his main points. Lack of professionalism. Lack of fitness. Main reason he decided to retire. 

24 minutes ago, fred mciver said:

At executive level, we have been so badly run for years it's incredible.

Let's hope new owners - as Neil tells us DC's selling - are in the Wolves or Hudders mould (but not Doyen).

I’ve not said anything of the sort 

please stop repeating that mantra 

Owlstalk Shop

On 23/02/2018 at 15:41, @owlstalk said:

Hi mate,

Thanks for that. Some interesting points and I'll read through it a few times and try to take on board what you're saying

The boardroom has been pulled. There were things in there that could land posters in trouble and I'm not wanting that at all. 

I"ll back off a bit with the moderating but recently (and you don't see the stuff we have to pull) it's been mad season. 

The Lee Strafford post being pulled is, was and will always be our right as a site to protect the site from any action taking place, and any action taking place against people who post on here. I totally reserve my right to delete and pull threads without any need for explanation however. I'm not willing to keep a thread/post up and the subsquent replies to it that could open up people to action just because you wanted to read it. 

I genuinely appreciate you putting your thoughts out there in such a constructive manner and promise I'll act on what you've said re the site

As for my thoughts/posts - they are merely my own thoughts and are no weightier than anyone else's. You're clearly a Carlos fan and that's your right. I'm not. I'm concerned only with this football club and it's clear Carlos left us in a right mess regardless of anything he achieved before it.

Regarding your statement about Carlos, I am a Wednesday fan, that appreciates the good things that Carlos did for us and I can quite honestly say that just about everybody including your good self was openly praising Carlos on many occasions, well before I bought into the idea that he might be able to do what no other manager has done for 18 years and actually take us back up.

Before the late season surge under Carlos, I always argued that Gray's achievements were far better pound for pound and that the back passing and side passing style that Carlos brought us was actually more boring to watch than the style that we had under Gray, when the only creative player we had in the squad was Lewis McGugan. So please don't label me as some mindless follower of Carlos. That was my original shout for those of you who always seem so keen to jump on the latest bandwagon and get carried away with total love or hatred of a player/manager/head coach, when quite honestly there is so much going on that you can very rarely put all a clubs problems down to one person, just as you can very rarely put all of a clubs success down to one person (I can only think of Jack Walker, that fits that description at Blackburn). So many people were suddenly saying that Carlos was such a lovely bloke, that he was our best manager statistically (before the bubble burst) going back to Vic Buckingham, especially when everybody got caught up in the wave of optimism, when the motley assembly of players that had been put together, with him as the head-coach, suddenly started to perform and win so many games and points. 

I would suggest that keeping a level head about what goes off for the better or the worse is a far better stance. Carlos was a very surprising success and for a lot longer than his detractors give him credit for. When so many people put him on a pedestal, as we gate crashed a trip to the final at Wembley, it really was no surprise to me that people would be gunning for him afterwards. The only thing that surprised me was the number of people that started turning on him and how they then went on to turn on so many of the players. Not just the ones that divided opinion, like Nuhiu, but players that fought for the team through injury, players that had been brought in who were no better that ones we already had and really, the only person who came through last season and able to hold his head up high was Carlos, who against a backdrop of negativity and verbal attacks from armchair critics, still managed to take a group of injury ravaged players to within a couple of penalties from another trip to Wembley.

I am not going to say that a head coach is suddenly the next messiah, because he manages to get some decent and half decent players to play to a very rigid style of play, that makes us difficult to break down etc and I am certainly not going to say that the same head coach has suddenly become a useless idiot either, just because he cannot get an injury riddled squad to stick to his ideas, the same ones which won us success and the same ones that are dragging Swansea from rock bottom of the premiership. Apart from getting us to the play offs twice on the bounce (and not even Brighton with their constant steady team building, with younger players and over many years, managed three on the bounce), Carlos took a Swansea team that had won just one game in their last 12, taking just 5 points from those games, conceding 23 goals and scoring just 5 and won 6 games out of the next 12, taking 14 points and conceding just 9 goals, while scoring 20 and beating Liverpool and Arsenal amongst the six wins!

I am very sorry mate, but my opinion of how good or bad a head coach/ manager seems to be a lot more level headed than yours and any others that worship someone when things go well and and damn them to hell when things start to slide! I have always had a go about players fitness during Carlos's reign and him bringing players straight back into the squad after being out injured, including our trip to Wembley when the bandwagon brigade's Sam Hutchinson was brought straight back into a team that had won a load of games without him and got us there in the first place and also last seasons play off games against Huddersfield where Forestieri, Hutchinson, Lee, Lees & Loovens should not have playing at all, with Rhodes, Hunt, Pudil, Westwood, Bannan and Fletcher also not fully recovered from illness and injuries or carrying niggling injuries.

Sorry, not in anybody's defence, or anything that may get me accused of being a fan of any coach or manager that is out of favour and out of the club, but I would have thought logically speaking and speaking with a level head, totally uninfluenced by new found hatred or blame laid on by those truly responsible, how the **** can anybody other than the real messiah (if there is one) train 11 players hard enough to get them to full fitness, if they should not be training/playing in the first place? Haven't six or seven of those players gone on to have operations since?

Carlos sacked the medical team because he thought something fishy was going on! OK it seems that he may just have been a victim of circumstance and if he had been training them all hard, that would have been the thing thing that everybody would be pointing to now. The injuries thathave been picked up are repetitive strain and percussion injuries, which are the type of injuries that do not improve with increased training, they get worse. Carlos may have made a mistakes and in hindsight there were many, but it is very fickle for so many to say that he is god's gift one minute and useless the next without taking everything in and out of his control into account. Neither he nor the player buying committee bought most of the injured/unfit players. Most of them were bought by a business man/chairman that came along and picked up another bargain club with a huge fan base, saving the club from going under, but never investing heavily in young, fit top quality players, because he did not have the money and the trust to back his mangers all the way.

Also, before the bandwagon brigade starts jumping off the old bandwagon and onto the new one, it will take time for Jos to put his real mark on the team and this season he will have all on just to keep us above the relegation spots. Jos has managed to impose a different style of play on the team, which I much prefer to the old slow build ups we had under Carlos, but results wise we have only won one league game under him so far and lost three games, two against opposition that we beat under Carlos. 

Edited by Ante's Bubbly