This press conference has got me very angry

20 hours ago, Lincs Owl said:

Load of rubbish.  We weren't unfit under Carlos.  The last two and a half years, we regularly won games in the second half.  Our problem was it often took us 30 minutes to get going.

In any case, Carlos left in December last year.  Two months ago.   Lee Bullen, Jos and the fitness coaches have had plenty of time to improve fitness, if that was ever an issue.  

This is just another Carlos bashing thread.  Let's move on.   

under carlos 'we regularly won games in the second half'

because we generally did next to nothing at all in the first 45 other than drag ourselves to the half way line at funeral procession pace, constantly passing sideways and backwards, it was dire. thus we had reserved enough energy to attack in the second half with the hope of not totally emptying the tank.

hence the struggles we had all the time when playing 'colin's toytown, burton, etc (effort sides) who raised the ante beyond our capability of matching it from a purely physical point of view,

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
7 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Again, nobody is denying the extremely difficult circumstances he finds himself in Other people arrive in trying situations, and just get on with it

Which is exactly we what his is doing. IMO the true value of his work will manifest in the coming months and more especially next season.

I think he's being remarkably reserved in his comments given the absolute wreck that he's inherited. Not so much the position in the table but the fitness levels and injury levels which are quite appalling with the latter being the worst that I can ever remember.

I'm sure he'd rather be working with the players than fending off questions in his third language.

Edited by Xxxxxxxxcxcc

8 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Again, nobody is denying the extremely difficult circumstances he finds himself in Other people arrive in trying situations, and just get on with it

name me any 'other people' who have arrived anywhere to be greeted by this absolute sh*thole of a mess left by that clown?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

In what way isn't he "just getting on with it"?

The dude is asked a question and he answers it we can only assume honestly. Would you rather he lie?

"Oh yes everything is completely fine, the previous manager was doing a sterling job in getting this squad that should have finished in the top 4. What, over a dozen injuries at one time? Happens all the time at clubs all over the country Rob, I don't know what you're on about." 

Or not answer the question at all? Honestly has he done a single thing which suggests he isn't just "getting on with it"? Way I see it all he's done is acknowledge it's a cr@p situation and one that seems to be utterly baffling, as it is to pretty much everyone. 

3 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

In what way isn't he "just getting on with it"?

The dude is asked a question and he answers it we can only assume honestly. Would you rather he lie?

"Oh yes everything is completely fine, the previous manager was doing a sterling job in getting this squad that should have finished in the top 4. What, over a dozen injuries at one time? Happens all the time at clubs all over the country Rob, I don't know what you're on about." 

Or not answer the question at all? Honestly has he done a single thing which suggests he isn't just "getting on with it"? Way I see it all he's done is acknowledge it's a cr@p situation and one that seems to be utterly baffling, as it is to pretty much everyone. 

It’s not baffling to me, I’ve long been telling folks we’re built on shaky ground

Edited by gurujuan

1 hour ago, oldishowl said:

I think that is a very naive view, especially when there was an obvious fallout between the manager and a medical team that were well respected before he arrived .

I very much doubt that fallout was because medical people were saying players were fit when they weren’t.

It is obvious to everyone that players were playing when they shouldn’t have been. Even if you believe that is because players were saying they wanted to play when injured, which I don’t , It is down to the manager to pick the team and he shouldn’t put injured players at further risk.

So you are saying Carlos forced injured players to play against their will? That is quite an accusation to make.

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
5 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

What Carlos did, for the most part successfully, is find a way of winning games with the resources he had That’s now what Jos needs to start doing

Carlos had lost that knack though and we were on a downward spiral that's probably why he jumped. The wreck that he left is testament to how he'd lost his way. 

Edited by Xxxxxxxxcxcc

16 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

It was the same last season, and we reached 4th place How does that work?

we hardly ever played in the first half IF we could get away with it, we played 45 mins a game if possible, the likes of burton wouldn't let us settle into that, what's carlos' record against the mighty burton albion? ANYBODY?

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

It’s not baffling to me, I’ve long been telling folks we’re built on shaky ground

So again... in what way isn't he getting on with it? 

Should he not acknowledge this skaky ground if asked about it? Because I'm with you on this,  nearly 18 bloody months I'd been lamenting what our transfer policy had been under CC. In what way is Jos not just "getting on with it"? 

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

It’s not baffling to me, I’ve long been Tell by folks we’re built on shaky ground

For ages before he was gone I was saying that Carlos should leave.

Another "I told you so" post

1 minute ago, Xxxxxxxxcxcc said:

Carlos had lost that knack though and we were on a downward spiral that's probably why he jumped. The wreck that he left are testament to how he'd lost his way. 

I’m not disputing it was time for a change, it happens with even the best managers After two years of success, maybe the players weren’t responding, or the coach had ran out of ideas He’s moved on now, doing his job pretty well for another club that was on a downward spiral

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

What Carlos did, for the most part successfully, is find a way of winning games with the resources he had That’s now what Jos needs to start doing

'resources that he had' he's been fortunate enough to sit in that seat when other wednesday managers have had less to spend on players than was spent on the playing surface under carvalhal.

our latter results under carlos were pisspoor, that's the results he was getting with the tools jos has inherited, jos has had to step in and sort out the s**t that carlos made, and left.

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
Just now, gurujuan said:

I’m not disputing it was time for a change, it happens with even the best managers After two years of success, maybe the players weren’t responding, or the coach had ran out of ideas He’s moved on now, doing his job pretty well for another club that was on a downward spiral

Thank God for that! 

What he does elsewhere is no concern for me.

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

what success? we didn't turn up at wembley, and didn't even bother to try and get to wembley the following year.

we've laughed at the pigs for that level of 'success'.

Edited by dnhc
addition to
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, dnhc said:

'resources that he had' he's been fortunate enough to sit in that seat when other wednesday managers have had less to spend on players than was spent on the playing surface under carvalhal.

our latter results under carlos were pisspoor, that's the results he was getting with the tools jos has inherited, jos has had to step in and sort out the s**t that carlos made, and left.

Hey, look around, the world has changed, Championship clubs are now spending crazy money

22 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

It's very very clear that there's been a very serious and major issue with player fitness

I know we have had injuries and so do you. It's obvious that players haven't been fit

But Jos's response to the last journalist in this press conference has got me raging

It's clear that the fitness of this squad has been absolutely criminal. 

Carlos really has left us with an absolute total disaster of a squad fitness wise and Jos was as professional as he could be but his response was about as damning as it could possibly be without saying that Carlos might as well have given the squad an ice-cream and told them all to go for a walk on Scarborough Beach every day instead of any kind of fitness training whatsoever.

I'll post the video when it's up on Youtube so you can see for yourselves but I'll be honest I'm absolutely raging about what Carlos has done to our players on the fitness side now.

I feel very very sorry for Jos having to sort this mess out and getting stick whilst he's trying to do so. It sounds like the fitness of this squad at a professional football club in the Championship has been neglected by Carlos and his staff about as badly as it could have been.

Anyone knocking Jos right now or bigging up Carlos anymore can sod off. After this press conference neither are acceptable options to me. We need to back Jos 100% right now as he cleans up the worst possible mess left behind.

Disgraceful

If you've not seen the press conference please for the love of god watch it before posting any replies because this is YOUR FOOTBALL CLUB that is in this mess.

Yours faithfully Mr Genuinely Livid

Totally agree.

Jos is everything that Carlos isn't, starting with honest.

I recognise that we're unlikely to get promotion next season but 

I've got complete faith in him in the long term.

I hope he his given time to build, as the foundations he will lay will be far more durable than what what we've had in years.

Also, he is prepared to talk in a positive way about GH, and even if he doesn't stay, I don't think we will get in this mess again with younger talent.

Start of last season friendly v Benfica. Only a friendly but we looked really on it.

Preseason this season we looked a disaster waiting to happen.  Then the qpr home game. We get well on top for 15 mins after half time. Game is there for the winning. It's like someone then took out the batteries.

Really odd. Something happened or failed to happen in the summer.  

12 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

what jos needs to do, is putting all carlos' failings correct, and he's on with that now, but when it takes 12/18 months to take something apart we can hardy expect it to be rebuilt in 2 months.

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

Hey, look around, the world has changed, Championship clubs are now spending crazy money

They are it's crazy as you say. My long standing gripe with Carlos had long been though the inefficiency of his usage of the resources that he did have.