This press conference has got me very angry

Guest Bulgaria
1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

When so much has been got wrong, in all aspects in life at Sheffield Wednesday, why do you suddenly expect things to be right once Carlos has gone? Most of the bad decisions were made by the people above, and they’re still there

I never said i expect things to be right.

What i do think however, is that one of the main culprits for our shambolic state of affairs has now gone, strutting and posing on the touchline for another club.

Just now, Bulgaria said:

I never said i expect things to be right.

What i do think however, is that one of the main culprits for our shambolic state of affairs has now gone, strutting and posing on the touchline for another club.

Fair enough, but those responsible for making the big decisions, are still making those decisions

Carlos.jpg.9edbf0c782d5f1ef96e704b2a2ca2308.jpg

7 hours ago, Lichfield alien said:

Staton needs to remember he's a ten bob local radio journo...not exactly sky sports..if he wer made of chocolate he would eat his self

You did well

You remembered that under no circumstances must you ever venture towards or inside of the red circle of blamelessness

Owlstalk Shop

For what it's worth i feel Jos has done more good than bad.

I've still not listened to yesterday's interview with Jos so these points are made with what I've seen with my own eyes not with any bias either way.

Positives, we look more organised and players seem to be playing for each other as a team unit, the Sheffield United game being a prime example of a game we would surely have lost otherwise.

The introduction and faith shown in the youth is refreshing even if his hand was forced somewhat by the injury crisis.

The Cardiff game where against a top team he out managed Neil Warnock and got his tactics spot on and we really should have beaten them (again).

The Derby home game where again we played so.e great stuff at times against another top team with Reach and Joao in particular being outstanding.

I can't blame Jos for the Birmingham defeat as a couple of individual errors and some extremely poor officiating combined to ruin any chance of us getting something from that game, these things happen from time to time in football.

Negatives, in my opinion we set up a little too negative against Swansea with Wallace ineffective in the role he was asked to play but we more than matched them first half. I feel Jos left it a little too late to bring on Joao (who's confidence must have been sky high after the Derby game). He should at least have been given 30-35 mins when Swansea's defenders were pushing further up the pitch and pinning us in our own half for long spells with us unable to get out for any length of time, instead Joao only got about 15 mins. Our lack of ambition in this game has resulted in another game our injury hit squad can do without if truth be told.

The Millwall game where we played no striker and as such we predictably had no outlet. Wallace although he's been a good servent his ability is on  the wane and has neither the strength, pace or size to do the role that was unfairly asked of him. Surely we could have got 45 mins from Joao or Nuhiu even one playing each half as both haven't had much football this season?

On the whole Jos has done more good than bad and im reserving judgement untill he has a fully fit squad to pick from and then we can see how good he is.

Edited by full fathom five

9 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Carlos.jpg.9edbf0c782d5f1ef96e704b2a2ca2308.jpg

You did well

You remembered that under no circumstances must you ever venture towards or inside of the red circle of blamelessness

Surely you have got room on here for " contractual issues". 

Other than that I think the board is brilliant.

Edited by Hughthecone

Carlos.thumb.jpg.f881fd8e706e5d1371e9645520aed538.jpg

There you go

Remember the rules though

This season Sheffield Wednesday fans are only permitted to look OUTSIDE of the red circle

If anyone has any other additions for the board of deflection please let me know and I'll add them, although space is getting very tight indeed as we're overloaded with the reasons people for our players fitness and injuries are giving that aren't inside the red circle

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Give him time. He probably inherited a fit squad. Won't be long tho will it.

I don’t really care what Carlos is doing now, but give him credit, he took over a side, totally on its arse and devoid of confidence, and has them heading up the table

Now what I’d be far more interested in is, Jos doing the same thing here He really does need to start winning games, and stop looking for excuses

3 hours ago, NorthernOwl said:

I'm sure plenty of blame can be laid at Carlos' door but it is not the manager's job to decide when an injured player can be selected. It is up to the medical team, the fitness team and the player themselves. Its not like Carlos was forcing them to play. I think both hutch and Lees have said in public they made themselves available for selection when they shouldn't have.

I think that is a very naive view, especially when there was an obvious fallout between the manager and a medical team that were well respected before he arrived .

I very much doubt that fallout was because medical people were saying players were fit when they weren’t.

It is obvious to everyone that players were playing when they shouldn’t have been. Even if you believe that is because players were saying they wanted to play when injured, which I don’t , It is down to the manager to pick the team and he shouldn’t put injured players at further risk.

Just now, oldishowl said:

I think that is a very naive view, especially when there was an obvious fallout between the manager and a medical team that were well respected before he arrived .

I very much doubt that fallout was because medical people were saying players were fit when they weren’t.

It is obvious to everyone that players were playing when they shouldn’t have been. Even if you believe that is because players were saying they wanted to play when injured, which I don’t , It is down to the manager to pick the team and he shouldn’t put injured players at further risk.

A manager cant hold a gun to a players head to get him to play if he is injured.

Think the ultimate decision weather a player can declare himself fit is the player himself.

Sure Carlos used some of his oily charm to persuade Lee and Hutchinson to play but if they turned round and said no I am not ready what could he do?

He couldn't get Rhodes to take a pen when he didn't want to so cant get injured players to play if they didn't want to.

We've all witnessed Wednesday's inability to press/play/control a game this season for more than 10 minutes at a time. We all suspected they were unfit and heard the rumours. 

It's absolutely CC's fault. I think he jumped ship before he knew we were about to sink. 

Jos is slowly dealing with it and hopefully we'll have enough about us to survive the championship and win the FA cup lol

20 hours ago, Watto said:

But you have a problem with Carlos anyway!

So any excuse you'll have a go 

I wanted him gone aswell but I'm not naive to believe he completely stopped giving a crap about the players fitness

it looks like he didn't need to 'start' not 'giving a crap about player fitness'

it had been downgraded as a need.

11 hours ago, Wakefield owl said:

Plenty to do with us as it illustrates how football clubs are run with regard to players availability for games.

I think you may be way off the mark, we are so far behind clubs like Manchester Utd, Carlos was not interested in the longevity of our club with ref to playing unfit 

players, whilst Manchester Utd is all about long term plans, you cant equate both clubs.

How ever once this new guy gets his own way of doing things, a lot more professionally hopefully, then we may see this happen.

we live in hope.

10 minutes ago, briggowl said:

We've all witnessed Wednesday's inability to press/play/control a game this season for more than 10 minutes at a time. We all suspected they were unfit and heard the rumours. 

It's absolutely CC's fault. I think he jumped ship before he knew we were about to sink. 

Jos is slowly dealing with it and hopefully we'll have enough about us to survive the championship and win the FA cup lol

It was the same last season, and we reached 4th place How does that work?

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

I don’t really care what Carlos is doing now, but give him credit, he took over a side, totally on its arse and devoid of confidence, and has them heading up the table

Now what I’d be far more interested in is, Jos doing the same thing here He really does need to start winning games, and stop looking for excuses

Excuses or reasons? He inherited a squad decimated by the worst injury situation that I can remember in 55 years of watching us. Also a manifest lack of fitness.

He has to do these press conferences and answer questions which I'd wager us not his favourite part of the job especially in his third language which must make it more difficult to say exactly the right thing at times.

1 minute ago, Xxxxxxxxcxcc said:

Excuses or reasons? He inherited a squad decimated by the worst injury situation that I can remember in 55 years of watching us. Also a manifest lack of fitness.

He has to do these press conferences and answer questions which I'd wager us not his favourite part of the job especially in his third language which must make it more difficult to say exactly the right thing at times.

Again, nobody is denying the extremely difficult circumstances he finds himself in Other people arrive in trying situations, and just get on with it