Sheffield Wednesday Press Conference - Video

40 minutes ago, Hughthecone said:

Now we know why he fielded the team  against Millwall,for me he tells it as it is,no bull manure like we got before.Players not fit for purpose before due to the lack of training 

Garbage

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Yeah I bet he was sat for weeks looking forward to the day he could choose to start with no strikers

I bet he had loads of options available to him at the time but thought 'Nahhhh I'll just start with no strikers"

I understand what you are saying with the fitness issues coming out but what has Jos been doing for nearly 2 months.

Jos takes over and we hear fitness is an issue so the whole squad is having double training session to get the fitness improved. Since he took over none of the injured players have returned and glass ankles Matias has got injured so he has been working with the same group of players for nearly 2 months now. So my question valid or incorrect why is their fitness still so bad and if it is such an issue why has Reach looked in every game played under Jos that he could take extra time in his stride but on Tuesday he does start with arguably our most consistent player this season, we have Sean Clare who in over a month has played just 92 minutes of first team football is he that knackered he can't play but had no problem playing week in week out and midweek while on loan at Gillingham or is it more likely due to the fact he has not signed a contract extension yet and only get on the bench because of the lack of bodies. Surely if fitness was the reason Joao playing only 10 minutes in well over a week - I would have played him Tuesday then when he tired around the 60-70 minute mark bring Nuihu on to finish the game. Not to mention me or you get flu as Rhodes has we are off work a few days then we get on with it, it happens to a player that is in better physical condition than me or you (no offence meant :laugh:) he needs 10 days off and counting to recover. 

My view is we need to stop cat footing around with these players work them hard and get them fit, if the club cannot do this then then get in touch with Hillsborough Leisure center and get them all in for fitness classes every day until the can last 90 minutes 2 or 3 times a week. We need to stop this its all the previous regime fault at what point do we stop blaming Carlos for our current woes and i know i have blamed him now appearing rightly for a lot of it.

• Haha 1