Sam Winnall

As we all know Winnall is currently out injured with a torn ACL.

My understanding is if a player has any type of injury, not just a long term one, they return to their parent club, right?

By the looks of it he’s doing his rehab at Derby and spends time going to watch them too. 

Can you blame him, as our medical team can’t be trusted and is this him pushing a move in the summer?

Derby can give him the care so he returns to training and he may be the only player they have injured, he is leaving nearer to Derby so can get to their rehab facilities easier, or he can back to us and have to wait in line while the other 14 get looked at first.

I know what I would do.

It was probably an agreement within the terms of his loan. Also, if he's off to them in the summer then it makes sense. 

Can we stop this utter gonads about our medical staff as well? No one on here know anything about the in's out's of the medical teams performance, strategy, and priorities both during Carlos' tenure and now under Jos. We had injury issues before the new lot came in. 

Edited by bigdan2003

He probably wants to stay at Derby as they have a far better chance of promotion this season, and probably has a contract that includes a promotion uplift. 

If we were in Derby’s current league position he would be getting treatment here and cheering our lads on. 

34 minutes ago, owlszone said:

As we all know Winnall is currently out injured with a torn ACL.

My understanding is if a player has any type of injury, not just a long term one, they return to their parent club, right?

By the looks of it he’s doing his rehab at Derby and spends time going to watch them too. 

Can you blame him, as our medical team can’t be trusted and is this him pushing a move in the summer?

I would imagine, and I am only hypothesising here, that if you loan a player out for a season then club that takes the loanee is responsible for all aspects of the player's welfare for the duration of the loan. So any injury gets treated by the club's medical staff. Fine if it is short injury.

In practice if there is a longer term injury, both clubs and the player would agree to the player returning to the parent club.

So I believe one or more of the parties is not in agreement with Winnall returning to Wednesday at the moment.

Now here the real speculation starts ...

It could well be that he an Derby want a move.

It could be, as I have said in jest but just maybe, our medical department is already at full capacity and Wednesday are using Derby as a treatment centre for the time being.

Maybe Wednesday just don't want him back.

Oh, you could go on and on but basically I believe just one party needs to want things as they are and that's the way they'll stay until the end of the season.

Another abject failure in man management by Carlos the Fraud.

Winnall shouldn't be going anywhere until he's been back here and assessed by Jos who should have the final say.

If he does go to Derby it should be for £12 million minimum if Madine's worth £6m.