The facts post Millwall

I want SWFC to be successful as much as anyone. But the ridiculous knee jerk reactions to JL are a disgrace. It would be a recipe for disaster to play his best 11 every game with the amount of games in last 2 weeks and the next fortnight to come. All that would do is burn out our only 1st team players proper and increase the number of influential players on he injury list. All of which are the last thing we need and would deffo put us deeper in the mire.

Squad rotation is needed more when the number of games increase and is even more important with a small squad of fit players and with a team that could easily be dragged further into a relegation battle. JL is the best man for the job, and even if he wasn't he is what we have got. The last thing we need is the band wagon of the negative "i know what is wrong" sayers starting with toxic tripe slating everything from the youth players to team selection.

Fans are supposed to support ! and the team needs that more than any of the poo thats been said by the vocal minority of morans who already decided our manager not good enough for the job. Opinions are fine but give the guy chance and then make an informed decision, its far to early to write him off and all the true SUPPORTERS are going to back to the manager and team until it's obvious a different manager could do a better job. ATM thats deffo not the case.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

I appreciate your sentiment OP and I totally agree with the knee-jerk reactions and perpetual drama, it only serves to harm us.

Unfortunately, we now live in a world where facts mean nothing, only opinions matter and everyone is an expert. 

1 hour ago, Morepork said:

I appreciate your sentiment OP and I totally agree with the knee-jerk reactions and perpetual drama, it only serves to harm us.

Unfortunately, we now live in a world where facts mean nothing, only opinions matter and everyone is an expert. 

sure Alex Ferguson said always play best team available.theyre footballers Christ good job they aint got proper jobs

1 hour ago, hirstys_achilles said:

I want SWFC to be successful as much as anyone. But the ridiculous knee jerk reactions to JL are a disgrace. It would be a recipe for disaster to play his best 11 every game with the amount of games in last 2 weeks and the next fortnight to come. All that would do is burn out our only 1st team players proper and increase the number of influential players on he injury list. All of which are the last thing we need and would deffo put us deeper in the mire.

Squad rotation is needed more when the number of games increase and is even more important with a small squad of fit players and with a team that could easily be dragged further into a relegation battle. JL is the best man for the job, and even if he wasn't he is what we have got. The last thing we need is the band wagon of the negative "i know what is wrong" sayers starting with toxic tripe slating everything from the youth players to team selection.

Fans are supposed to support ! and the team needs that more than any of the poo thats been said by the vocal minority of morans who already decided our manager not good enough for the job. Opinions are fine but give the guy chance and then make an informed decision, its far to early to write him off and all the true SUPPORTERS are going to back to the manager and team until it's obvious a different manager could do a better job. ATM thats deffo not the case.

I've plussed you but don't like the 'true supporters' bit mate 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, brando said:

sure Alex Ferguson said always play best team available.theyre footballers Christ good job they aint got proper jobs

Mmmm, he may have said that I don't know. I do know he continually made weakened team selections for certain competitions, so I take the perceived wisdom with a pinch of salt.

1 hour ago, hirstys_achilles said:

Squad rotation is fine but if our players aren't fit enough to start games once a week then that is ridiculous. Joao didn't played about 30 minutes combined in the last 2 games but old man Wallace played nearly 2 full games. Clare shouldn't have a problem starting once a week but instead we play Stobbs for his first game, out of position in an ultra defensive line up.

No point 'protecting' them from injury if you are going to bring them on to chase the game anyway. They could get injured in the minutes they play, they could get injured in training, when they are available play them.

Very few if any are getting on the back of the team since Jos was appointed as he deserves praise for the way he came in and made us hard to beat in the first few games but he also deserves criticism for last night.

2 minutes ago, Morepork said:

Mmmm, he may have said that I don't know. I do know he continually made weakened team selections for certain competitions, so I take the perceived wisdom with a pinch of salt.

Didn't even bother entering the FA Cup one year did he. Plus look what he produced given time.

The players are human just like the rest of us - a full 90 mins at this level is extremely taxing on the body. Even pro athletes need recovery time so I totally see what Jos is doing. He tried something at Millwall - and it could have paid off with pussys goal. We used to dam Carlos for not changing it up.

We are struggling on despite a shocking set of injuries. I'm proud of the team for that and I'm focusing on the positives like the FA cup and the youngsters.

Well done SWFC. We fight on! It's what we do. Next season will be a different altogether, and If not then as supporters we will judge accordingly. Now is not the time to question JL - he has taken on a squad that has been ravished by some kind of voodoo injury truck curse and low moral.

Last night's match was the easiest on paper of the upcoming matches. 

Should have gone for it last night against an equally pants team (who surprise surprise we made look like Barca).

Lose next two and we could be in real trouble having failed to win last night.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, doubleo said:

Didn't even bother entering the FA Cup one year did he. Plus look what he produced given time.

Yep, he always did what he felt was right under the circumstances and dependant on where the priorities were at any given time. I think it's naive to assume all coaches need to think about is the best 11 players they have on paper, there are so many more anomalies to be factored into team selection.

8 minutes ago, modboy said:

Last night's match was the easiest on paper of the upcoming matches. 

Should have gone for it last night against an equally pants team (who surprise surprise we made look like Barca).

Lose next two and we could be in real trouble having failed to win last night.

This I agree with. I feel he was maybe encouraged by recent results and felt we could still do a job at the Den. As you say, I'd have maybe gone all out for those points and accepted the outcome vs Villa. You can look at it as a very negative approach last night but in a perverse way, it was almost positive, if that makes sense. Regardless, lesson learnt I hope. I'm not prepared to be too critical given the mess he's inherited. Just add that those individual errors are killing us at times.

Edited by Morepork

8 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Squad rotation is fine but if our players aren't fit enough to start games once a week then that is ridiculous. Joao didn't played about 30 minutes combined in the last 2 games but old man Wallace played nearly 2 full games. Clare shouldn't have a problem starting once a week but instead we play Stobbs for his first game, out of position in an ultra defensive line up.

No point 'protecting' them from injury if you are going to bring them on to chase the game anyway. They could get injured in the minutes they play, they could get injured in training, when they are available play them.

Very few if any are getting on the back of the team since Jos was appointed as he deserves praise for the way he came in and made us hard to beat in the first few games but he also deserves criticism for last night.

Agree - Clare played well against Derby - cup tied against Swansea - play him.

joao played well against Derby - rested against Swansea - play him.

pudil is in form - a central defender now - not up and down the pitch - mom against Swansea - play him.

reach played every minute this season and only improving - play him.

rotation is ok but change for change sake and hamstringing us wth no strikers was stupid.

1 minute ago, Morepork said:

This I agree with. I feel he was maybe encouraged by recent results and felt we could do a job at the Den. As you say, I'd have maybe gone all out for those points and accepted the outcome vs Villa. You can look at it as a very negative approach last night but in a perverse way, it was almost positive, if that makes sense. Regardless, lesson learnt I hope. I'm not prepared to be too critical given the mess he's inherited. 

Think he was scared to lose at home again without a whimper?

Just now, modboy said:

Think he was scared to lose at home again without a whimper?

I do and look at us against Derby, we were actually very tidy and a decent atmosphere. We've raised our game at times against better teams, there would be loads going through his head. 

• Like 1

Guest Kagoshimaowl
2 hours ago, hirstys_achilles said:

It's not about the best 11.  I'm fine with rotating with a small squad but the way he rotates is ridiculous. Leaving out the best players from previous games and playing no strikers!  Poor man management and quite frankly dumb.

58 minutes ago, steelowl said:

I've plussed you but don't like the 'true supporters' bit mate 

I could have worded it better, I don't like the term either. I think some people on owls talk or not swfc fans, I didn't mean any more than that. Fans can follow the club to any degree they like and are still true fans. I can cope with your opinion and agree it looks almost ridiculous, but players may have problems or they may be other reasons for resting players we are deliberately not made aware of for tactical reasons. I will even go so far as it does look dumb. But we don't have all the facts and the squad needs rotating. Opinions are fine. its the reaction judgements that are stupid. I must disagree with the poor man management opinion, surely most of JL management has been spot on and has got more out of these players than I could have imagined. Disagreeing with 1 match team selection I don't think in any way is justification for poor man management.