Millwall's gone. ..what about Villa?

Right, well, we lost last night.  Nothing we can do about it now.

Much talk about the selections.

With that in mind what are we expecting to see from Jos on Saturday? 

I think it'll be something like-:

Wildsmith 

Venâncio       Loovens         Pudil

Hunt                               Pelupessy                     Boyd

Wallace                     Reach

Joao                  Nuhiu 

There is a an argument to be made, I think, for playing Pudil in the centre and Fox as the LCB. Where he looks far more comfortable facing the play than in 1v1 out wide. 

LWB is still a concern.  I fear Fox doesn't have enough going forward and Boyd not enough defensively.  There's an argument to put Reach there, but for me, he's been our best central midfield player in Bannans absence.

He's givin us the drive and urgency and it must be noted he's made a massive improvement in his ability to spank the ball about and switch the play.

Up top. Got to be Joao and Nuhiu,  our two in form strikers.  Not to say our only two fit strikers!

Who do you think Jos will go with

Rhodes has picked up this infection that's doing the rounds I've heard.

No doubt that was another spanner in last night's works. 

Don't know if he'll be food to go for the weekend. 

Despite the split opinion on him, having him available would be a big bonus at this stage. 

Guest Bulgaria

Thinking he might be a bit more adventurous with us being at home.

Wildsmith

Hunt  Fred, loovens  lees, fox , palmer, Pudil, 

Butterfield, Jones, Boyd.

6 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Right, well, we lost last night.  Nothing we can do about it now.

Much talk about the selections.

With that in mind what are we expecting to see from Jos on Saturday? 

I think it'll be something like-:

Wildsmith 

Venâncio       Loovens         Pudil

Hunt                               Pelupessy                     Boyd

Wallace                     Reach

Joao                  Nuhiu 

There is a an argument to be made, I think, for playing Pudil in the centre and Fox as the LCB. Where he looks far more comfortable facing the play than in 1v1 out wide. 

LWB is still a concern.  I fear Fox doesn't have enough going forward and Boyd not enough defensively.  There's an argument to put Reach there, but for me, he's been our best central midfield player in Bannans absence.

He's givin us the drive and urgency and it must be noted he's made a massive improvement in his ability to spank the ball about and switch the play.

Up top. Got to be Joao and Nuhiu,  our two in form strikers.  Not to say our only two fit strikers!

Who do you think Jos will go with

Do not play loovens v Villa he’s a liability 

4 minutes ago, cookeh said:

Don't think Wallace will play, as he's just played 70 minutes. He'll be rested at the weekend.

Half expect Butterfield to come back into the midfield instead. Basically last night's bench (bar Clare) rotates into the starting lineup.

Good point. 

Actually, without pulling any trees up his last performance was about the best I've seen from Butterfield since he's been here.  

Bar Villa - where his ball retention was first class.

• Haha 1

Guest Bulgaria
3 minutes ago, cookeh said:

Don't think Wallace will play, as he's just played 70 minutes. He'll be rested at the weekend.

Half expect Butterfield to come back into the midfield instead. Basically last night's bench (bar Clare) rotates into the starting lineup.

Ah bless him. 

2 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Rhodes has picked up this infection that's doing the rounds I've heard.

No doubt that was another spanner in last night's works. 

Don't know if he'll be food to go for the weekend. 

Despite the split opinion on him, having him available would be a big bonus at this stage. 

Yes Joao also had it I heard. But not as bad. Doesn't explain why nuhiu didn't start tho unless he had it too.

3 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Yes Joao also had it I heard. But not as bad. Doesn't explain why nuhiu didn't start tho unless he had it too.

Who knows. If it's it's a viral infection then it's going to spell trouble.

Confined dressing rooms, I'd be surprised if they all don't get at least a sniffle.

Just glad Bannan is training on his todd. Don't want him getting it too.

Not when he's on the comeback trail.

10955299_10153968098841111_3969640686897090635_n.jpg.d930ec097177c652ad5e281f44c88b0f.jpg

2 minutes ago, Lomas613 said:

Do not play loovens v Villa he’s a liability 

And play who?

Don't think Lees is quite there yet.

van Aken's still out.
Thorniley's out.
Starting Neilsen or O'Grady against Villa seems like a baptism of fire for a youngster.

So we'd have to go: Venancio, Pudil, Fox, with Boyd at wing back.

Boyd barely has a defensive bone in his body and the idea of Elmohamady and Snodgrass doubling up on Fox is not a pleasant one.

Fox at fullback at least provides some protection to the man behind him.

We've seen managers use defenders as out ball strikers to hold the ball up in the past on many occasions, remember us using llera or reda before and 'Arry successful in using davenport at Southampton maybe if we've only Joao and Dave fit we could use nielson, huge, strong and good in the air. Dosent need to be a shearer up front or Hirst, simply stood up top, back to gaol like an old Lee Chapman,  just control the ball and lay off to advancing midfielders and make a nuisance of himself in the box. Would have been a better option last night than Wallace, stobbs and Boyd at least wildsmith and Co would have had someone  to go long to and relieve the pressure hopefully. Would scare Terry & villas defence  too lol