Still find it unbelievable...

The players that we have been without for the majority of the season, I still think we're doing very well considering we've been without...

• Westwood
  • Lees
  • Van Aken
  • Lee
  • Bannan
  • Hutchinson
  • Hooper
  • Forestieri
  • Fletcher

(Yes,we lost) but compare the team yesterday to the one that started the first game against Preston:

Westwood

Hunt
Lees
Loovens
Pudil
Boyd
Hutchinson
Bannan
Reach
Forestieri
Rhodes

Reach and Hooper also came off from the bench

That's 8 changes in comparison to the team yesterday, madness really with how unlucky we have been.

• Like 1

Don't agree its all down to bad luck.

Handing out contracts to players like Hutchinson and Loovens was a gamble and also playing players last season who were clearly not fully fit has had a knock on effect this season.

You wonder whether there is an issue with the new medical staff. Thought it was an absolute disgrace CC used the previous medical staff as a scapegoat end of last season, although that's water under the bridge now.

IMO 50% bad luck. 50% brought on ourselves due to bad management. 

6 minutes ago, domSWFC said:

A Sheffield Wednesday reserves team is competing in the championship. 

Really it just shows how far we've come. 

Yep spot on really.

Most teams would completely crumble having that many important players out, we've not done half bad I don't think considering.

1 minute ago, matthefish2002 said:

Don't agree its all down to bad luck.

Handing out contracts to players like Hutchinson and Loovens was a gamble and also playing players last season who were clearly not fully fit has had a knock on effect this season.

You wonder whether there is an issue with the new medical staff. Thought it was an absolute disgrace CC used the previous medical staff as a scapegoat end of last season, although that's water under the bridge now.

IMO 50% bad luck. 50% brought on ourselves due to bad management. 

Offering long term deals to the likes of Fletcher, Lees, Lee, Hutchinson and Loovens was ridiculous you're correct. All injury prone throughout their career. A lot of the situation we find ourselves in is the clubs own doing.

10 minutes ago, domSWFC said:

And Stobbs came into the side...can anyone say that they could see that in August...THAT'S how desperate we are

• Like 1

Guest domSWFC
2 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

And Stobbs came into the side...can anyone say that they could see that in August...THAT'S how desperate we are

Yeah no disrespect to the lad, but he wasn't even a regular at Vale. 

He's young and got plenty of time to develop. So hopefully he could one day be in our first team plans. But currently he's a way off.

Guest Bulgaria
15 minutes ago, domSWFC said:

Wildsmith

Fox

Hunt

Pudil

Fred

Loovens

Wallace

Boyd

Butterfield

Jones

Reach

Rhodes

Atty

Joao.

Hardly reserves and all available apart from the odd match.  

It is not all one thing.

Injuries have just been one major thing. The reasons for these injuries and the time to recover is another thing. there are just so many factors that have hit our season and we are pretty lucky to be where we are now.

36 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

The players that we have been without for the majority of the season, I still think we're doing very well considering we've been without...

• Westwood
  • Lees
  • Van Aken
  • Lee
  • Bannan
  • Hutchinson
  • Hooper
  • Forestieri
  • Fletcher

(Yes,we lost) but compare the team yesterday to the one that started the first game against Preston:

Westwood

Hunt
Lees
Loovens
Pudil
Boyd
Hutchinson
Bannan
Reach
Forestieri
Rhodes

That's 8 changes in comparison to the team yesterday, madness really with how unlucky we have been.

Yeah and we lost that one with our all star team on the pitch too

20 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

Wildsmith

Fox

Hunt

Pudil

Fred

Loovens

Wallace

Boyd

Butterfield

Jones

Reach

Rhodes

Atty

Joao.

Hardly reserves and all available apart from the odd match.  

At the start of this season, (or end of last season once Hooper was back) 

Only Hunt, Wallace, Loovens and Reach were in our first team when all fit. 4/11. 

1 hour ago, Kanye West said:

• Westwood
  • Lees
  • Van Aken
  • Lee
  • Bannan
  • Hutchinson
  • Hooper
  • Forestieri
  • Fletcher

Westwood

Hunt
Lees
Loovens
Pudil
Boyd
Hutchinson
Bannan
Reach
Forestieri
Rhodes

I like to think we have been unlucky but how many times this season have we had a player out for weeks of month then we are told he needs an op the latest Westwood out for near 2 month and now has an op. At what point do we stop looking at bad luck and start asking do our staff know what they are doing.

Bannan out for months comes back and breaks down again, is this bad luck or bad player recover management. For me come the summer I would get rid of every last coaching, support and medical staff here under the Carlos reign and start again, because something is clearly not right at our football club.

I would also be checking the derso pitch and training pitches as we are having too many joint injuries either it is the players are not warming up and warming down properly or the pitch is too hard or uneven.

1 hour ago, Kanye West said:

• Westwood
  • Lees
  • Van Aken
  • Lee
  • Bannan
  • Hutchinson
  • Hooper
  • Forestieri
  • Fletcher

Westwood

Hunt
Lees
Loovens
Pudil
Boyd
Hutchinson
Bannan
Reach
Forestieri
Rhodes

We lost both of them.

How does a comparison work me wonders:wacko: