"Dutch Irvines" current squad

Guest simo

He's seen enough of the players available to him, both in training and in matches. Based on this, I believe he can categorise them in the following sections. This is my opinionn:

Players who should never see a matchday squad.

Palmer, Fox, and Butterfield.

Players whose "legs have gone" but can contribute to matchday squads

Boyd, Loovens.

Players who can contribute 'til the end of season

Wallace, Jones, Pudil, Fred, Abdi, Nuihu

Players with a future at Hillsboro'

Hunt, Reach, Rhodes,Joao, Joey, all 3 goalkeepers, all young players who have been given a chance.

This manager needs to adapt quickly to the English game, whatever he is trying is clearly not working with the players availble to him.

2 hours ago, simo said:

He's seen enough of the players available to him, both in training and in matches. Based on this, I believe he can categorise them in the following sections. This is my opinionn:

Boyd, Loovens.

Hunt, Reach, Rhodes,Joao, Joey, all 3 goalkeepers, all young players who have been given a chance.

This manager needs to adapt quickly to the English game, whatever he is trying is clearly not working with the players availble to him.

Give over ffs!

2 hours ago, simo said:

Boyd, Loovens.

Another budding coaching genius...the blades have had a couple of key players out and their season has nosedived...we've had NINE players out for the majority of the saeson and are playing kids...I think Jos has done well so far the acid test will be when he has a full squad

• Thanks 2

REALLY....Ha Ha Ha Ha.. sure you will make manager of the year one day.....NOT

Seems pretty clear to me in order to keep us up he is gonna try to draw the away games ( and hope to nick a win )

and play to win the home games....it's basically what any gaffer would do given the situation he is in.

Guest Bulgaria
44 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Another budding coaching genius...the blades have had a couple of key players out and their season has nosedived...we've had NINE players out for the majority of the saeson and are playing kids...I think Jos has done well so far the acid test will be when he has a full squad

Kids....?

Atty

Rhodes

Wallace

Boyd

Reach

Joao

Butterfield

Loovens

Fred

Pudil

Fox

Hunt

Jones.....

Hardly whippersnappers with acne are they.

5 minutes ago, attyjake said:

REALLY....Ha Ha Ha Ha.. sure you will make manager of the year one day.....NOT

Seems pretty clear to me in order to keep us up he is gonna try to draw the away games ( and hope to nick a win )

and play to win the home games....it's basically what any gaffer would do given the situation he is in.

Spot on and...while trying to up the fitness level of the players available which is difficult as was shown by Rhodes picking up a virus after running himself into the ground against Derby a sure sign that his fitness level wasn't there

1 minute ago, Bulgaria said:

Kids....?

Atty

Rhodes

Wallace

Boyd

Reach

Joao

Butterfield

Loovens

Fred

Pudil

Fox

Hunt

Jones.....

Hardly whippersnappers with acne are they.

So did you expect ANY of the U23's to be in a match day squad over the last three years never mind playing ?

3 hours ago, simo said:

Boyd, Loovens.

gl2lZ54.gif

• Haha 1

You started to lose me at Nuhiu can contribute, when I read that Rhodes has a future at Hillsborough I just felt sad, how long will I have to watch these 2 try miserably to score goals. Please bring back Hooper and Fessi! Please whichever god is up there! PLEASE!!

It was a disappointing night, for sure.

The starting lineup was an experiment designed to try and rest our two fit strikers, since we have Villa on Saturday and Swansea on Tuesday. Clearly We were just hoping to get by without them, Rhodes' illness surely put paid to any plans we'd had in the preceding days.

The result was sadly predictable.. without a striker and with Wallace being pretty weak and not having the best of games we struggled to hold the ball in forward areas or build very much at all. Boyd seemed to be very much off his game and Stobbs was really poor. Made nothing, didn't make runs off the ball much, pulled out of 50-50s, and seemed to be a bit scared of Millwall tbh. This 'absent' forward line meant that we fashioned very little and spent most of the game rolling it around our back line.

Jones was largely absent, Hunt anonymous, Fox had a couple of scary moments defensively, but was one of the few actually trying to find people with his forward passes. Pessy buzzed around and tried to make things happen, but there was no one else ahead of him doing anything. Reach was terrible when he came on, used the ball poorly, sat too deep, got booked for diving and dribbled it out of play a couple of times. Not the usual Reach. Venancio was ok, Loovens was.. Loovens. Not a good team.

For their part, Millwall did work really hard (much harder than us), pressed all over the field, covered a lot of ground and committed to winning the ball. They're fairly poor footballers, and a bunch of whining, childish crybabies.. screaming at the ref constantly and appealing for handballs every time the ball went near one of our players, but they did out work us.

Honestly, i think we should have played our strongest team in this game, tried for the win from the off, and rested people for Villa, as that's a much herder 3 points to get. Leaving everyone rested for Swansea. I think we made the wrong call and will try play our strongest team against Villa. For me, it was the wrong call, and will affect the next few games.

All that said..  we're very much running on empty. Jos has very little to work with. Pudil was immense, but he is getting on and with 6 games in 2 weeks, he needed to be rested. Loovens is what we've got as back up.. so he has to go into the side. That's just how it is. When we get people back fit (and i think we will under Jos) then it'll be a different world. I am concerned about the side purely because i think these were points we could reasonably easily get, while Villa is the game we should have rested people for.. put resources into getting the easier points, makes sense to me, instead of trying to get all the points and ending up with none. We are still not safe after all. But Jos will never have hit this kind of fixture build up in Germany, so it's a learning experience for him too. 1 game lost isn't a disaster and if we're realistic we probably wont' win the next 2, maybe the next 3.. and if that happens, that won't be a disaster either. This is a point in time that we need to be grown ups and accept where we are and what playing staff we have available. Neither of those are Jos' fault, and he's making do as best he can. Stick with it (and him) cos if we don't and the atmosphere turns sour, then there's still an outside chance of us slipping down into the dangerous region of the table.

• Like 2

Guest Bulgaria
2 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

So did you expect ANY of the U23's to be in a match day squad over the last three years never mind playing ?

No, not with Carlos at the helm.

Listen. i think its great that Jos has introduced some of the U23 players, but in my opinion most the players he has available are neither kids or reserves like some are making out.

They are rather expensive players who in my opinion are more than capable of doing much better than they currently are, if thats down to tactics then Jos and previously Carlos are to blame.

All this "down to injuries is the reason we are in a relegation battle" , is in my opinion becoming a very tired and easy excuse. Of course we would be in a much healthier league position if we had more players available, but come on.... the players we have fit and available for selection have hardly been plucked off the streets of Chapletown.