Rate jos so far?

I cant really judge a guy thats working under these circumstances,when weve had a few games with a fit squad then fair enough.

Last night apart,hes done about as well as he could,I like the fact hes willing to try formations,and bring in some of the promising kids,hes feeling his way still,all be it with a much depleted squad & restricted to the work he can do on the training ground given the poor weather.

He inherited a bit of a mare.

he's doing ok ...he seems to set up  with the  number 1 intention of not conceding rather than scoring but with the squad as it is at the moment that's understandable .....I like how he dead pans his way thru the pressers without giving much away . gives the impression of being dour and methodical and his  teams seem to play that way .think he'll get  away with it while we are depleted but can see him getting some criticism  if he isn't a tad more adventuress when we get back to summat like full strength .  

14 hours ago, hugeowl said:

Last nights team selection apart he has done well , dont forget until 2 months ago he would probably have hardly seen us play or know many of our players 

judge him 10 games in to next season .

Clapper

:rolleyes:

Jos's league games have got us:

P W D  L  F  A  P

7  1  4  2  5  6  7

I'm sure Ryan's graph will tell you that's relegation form.

The games against Sheff U, Cardiff and Derby were good, the Boro draw was lucky and the Birmingham, Barnsley and Millwall games were awful.

Big game coming up!

I'm not prepared to pass judgement on Jos until he gets a good run of games next season with a full squad to pick from. right now he is trying to keep us up with a raft of missing players and some very ordinary players. I give him credit for improving the work ethic which had become lazy under Carlos. I give Jos credit for playing some youngsters and giving them a glimpse and keeping them on there toes.

I was very bemused by the team he selected for Millwall and have to say he gave us very little chance of winning with the side selected. 

If we are safe from relegation with a month to go I would like to see him continue playing the likes of Clare - Thorniley - Stobbs and give them more game time. No need to play Loovens or Weswood if he is fit. Look to the future.

5 hours ago, trumbullowl said:

Jos's league games have got us:

P W D  L  F  A  P

7  1  4  2  5  6  7

I'm sure Ryan's graph will tell you that's relegation form.

The games against Sheff U, Cardiff and Derby were good, the Boro draw was lucky and the Birmingham, Barnsley and Millwall games were awful.

Big game coming up!

Had we started the season having only the current fit players in the squad we would have all feared a relegation battle. 

We we have one terrific player available (Reach) but apart from him the current Xls are on a par with Birmingham’s and Burton’s.

No way would Joao, Fred, Nuhiu, Joey etc get into the XI of a top half side. 

Jos has one mission - finishing 21st or higher. with a desperately thin squad of largely second or third pick players. I’m not surprised he is using some unorthodox measures.