Rate jos so far?

1 hour ago, ka58 said:

Carlos last 10 games    -   W2 D5 L3         Beat Villa (A) and Millwall (H)

LB 2 games                  -  W1 L1                Beat Forest (A)          

Jos last 10 games        - W3 D4 L2            Beat Carlisle (H - cup), Reading (H-cup) and Derby (H)

There hasn't been a significant upturn overall - granted he hasn't had the players but to suggest we stopped the rot is not really true. Throw in some bizarre team selections and it makes you a bit uncertain.

As I said before I've nothing against the bloke but he's the wrong guy for us right now - we needed someone who knew the players and knew the league.

As they say, there are lies, damned lies and statistics. You’ve mixed up results from two different competitions and three different managers, which makes it difficult to draw any real conclusions from.

JL has been in charge for seven league games now, so by way of a like-for-like comparison I’ve compared his record over seven league games against the seven league games we played immediately before he took charge (personally, much as I’d like a cup run, I don’t see FA Cup results as being particularly significant in our current predicament so I’m going to ignore these).

Since JL took charge: D D D L D W L (7 points out of 21)

Before JL took charge: D L L L W L L (4 points out of 21)

I’d also make the point that in JL’s 7 games he has lost just twice (compared to 5 times in 7 before he arrived). I don’t pretend it’s brilliant, but it’s better than before, and arguably with tougher games. So I would still argue that he’s steadied the ship.

Edited by Roy Of The Roasters

2 hours ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

Remember how poor we were before JL came in. How the last league game under Bully was the 0-3 defeat to Burton. At that point, it looked like all an opposing team had to do to beat us was turn up. The wheels had come off and we were spiralling towards League 1.

I don’t think anyone pretends that what we’ve seen since then has been pretty, but we are at least grinding out points here and there and there’s a bit more confidence about the team. You get the feeling that we’ve got a chance of getting something out of most games, whereas just a few weeks ago we already looked beaten at 3pm on a Saturday.

I think we’re still some way from really turning things round, but to my eyes there is evidence that at least the rot has stopped.

Still not convinced - other than the Burton game, (and I want to be), hope you're right, first time for 15 or so years Im just not sure about renewing my ST (though I'm sure ill give it another season) lol

1 hour ago, ka58 said:

Carlos last 10 games    -   W2 D5 L3         Beat Villa (A) and Millwall (H)

LB 2 games                  -  W1 L1                Beat Forest (A)          

Jos last 10 games        - W3 D4 L2            Beat Carlisle (H - cup), Reading (H-cup) and Derby (H)

There hasn't been a significant upturn overall - granted he hasn't had the players but to suggest we stopped the rot is not really true. Throw in some bizarre team selections and it makes you a bit uncertain.

As I said before I've nothing against the bloke but he's the wrong guy for us right now - we needed someone who knew the players and knew the league.

Agree with this people see what they want to see in football sometimes. In carlos' last 10 games we got 11 points about a point a game. In bullens three games in charge we got three points about a point a game. In Jos 7 league games we've got 7 points about a point a game. Its far too early to write jos off but hes achieved nothing so far.

For a comparison when irvine came in we had a far worse squad than what we currently have available and he took a team that hadnt won in about ten games to win four on the bounce.

Ive got to say that I think that he has done reasonably well, given the situation he inherited.

Dont get all the negativity towards Jos at the moment. Its not like that we have never been beaten at Millwalll before.

The bloke is going to need time and patience in order to get the right players in place and develop us into a promotion candidate again.

Can anybody how awful Megson's first few months were and what the following season brought?

1 hour ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Interesting point of view mate. Out of interest, what makes you think that?

Just a feeling, nothing concrete. It was all the stuff about him being a 'good defensive coach' that rang a few alarm bells when he was appointed. DC must be scared witless that we don't go down so safety season must be his overiding priority.

If Jos achieves that with plenty to spare then he might be given a run at it next year but if it goes even close to the wire then I think he'll be gone in the summer.  DC has invested a lot of time and money to get precisely nowhere so far. Two play off campaigns later and we are likely to finish this season in almost exactly the same position that Gray left us in. That is not what DC signed up for.....

Wrong man for this league and era of football. Got a sports car that needs fixing and instead of injecting new spark plugs and more fuel he has slapped wheel clamps on. Not likely to go down now because of the points we already had before he came but if the possible scare stories were true and we sell all our best (currently injured players) in the summer it will be Jos and the current crop. Negativity on hear gets slated yet they support his negative style..... 

You don't get success with everyone stood in front of your own goal all game.

2 hours ago, TaxiMark said:

Have you seen anyone saying she should be sacked though?

Only thing I can see is people questioning his methods ( like last night).

Cant we even ask questions?

Shall we tell radio sheffield to not ask him about not starting no strikers last night too because its only 10 games .

Not one person has said he should walk, we all know the injury situation.

No, but some have been judging him very harshly on the back of last night result. Give him a fit squad and 10 games and he will be fine.

33 minutes ago, hasthagotanycheese said:

Ive got to say that I think that he has done reasonably well, given the situation he inherited.

Dont get all the negativity towards Jos at the moment.

I do

It's simply because he's not white and English.

Bet Gary Megson wouldn't be getting this much grief if he'd been in the job the same amount of time as Jos

Owlstalk Shop

Last night was his first mistake as far as I'm concerned. 

He'd have had his reasons, I'm sure, and let's be honest, considering the amount of investment this club has had in the last three years, we should NEVER be even close to a situation where we're unable to field no strikers. 

Up until last night, I don't think he could be faulted at all. 

He's come in, amongst a inexcusable injury crisis at a time when we were an utter shambles. He's steadied the ship, made us very hard to beat and with what? Players who were deemed surplus to requirements, U23's and players playing out of position. 

Every manager makes mistakes, it's how he learns from them. In hindsight, last night was one. And I'm certain we won't be seeing him try that again in the future. But, if Joao wasn't 100% fit, and Nuhiu was been rested, why not try it? The issue last night, wasn't going strikerless as such, but the fact our three most advanced players either aren't mobile or good enough. Had Reach, Forestieri and Matias played up there instead, I suspect the performance may well have been very different. 

The reaction to last night has been way OTT though. Many by fans who have been waited for the opportunity to have a pop. If Jos keeps us up this season without getting embroiled into a relegation battle, whilst making positive decisions on this squad in respect to the future, he'll have achieved his objective in my book.

And I've seen nothing so far, to suggest he won't do that. 

Guest Kameron

Depends what our plan is, if he’s here to steady the ship away from the relegation places then fair enough.  However there’s no way setting up like we are is going to get us promotion.  I’ve a niggling feeling things are going to get worse before they improve, I’ve seen some sh it over the past 35 years but this season is up there amongst the the biggest pile.  By the way I don’t think Jos is a fault here, the blame is 100% with Chansiri.