Rate jos so far?

Just now, Not Jon Newsome said:

We'd never have a manager for more than 5 games if it was down to Owlstalk.

Who knows hey!!

We’d definitely get rid of one after a poor run of around 10 games with a squad full of injuries; even after 2 fairly successful seasons. 

Anything could happen - fan power.  

If we whinge long enough about signing a slow striker for $12m, that might happen also. 

For older readers think of Red Adair. He was a famous firefighter who put out many oil wells that caught fire.

It's like someone coming up to him and saying

" Hey RED !.........this is a 40,000 barrells of oil a day well....  GET THE OIL FLOWING  !!!....."

Sometimes you have to put out the fire first before you can get back to business.

In other words, give the man some slack  and just let him do his thing with suitable backing.

040808_red_adair_hmed.grid-6x2.jpg

Wrong appointment - said it before his first game and nothing has changed my view.

nothing against the bloke - just not what we need right now at all.

1 minute ago, Captain Scarlett said:

For older readers think of Red Adair. He was a famous firefighter who put out many oil wells that caught fire.

It's like someone coming up to him and saying

" Hey RED !.........this is a 40,000 barrells of oil a day well....  GET THE OIL FLOWING  !!!....."

Sometimes you have to put out the fire first before you can get back to business.

In other words, give the man some slack  and just let him do his thing with suitable backing.

040808_red_adair_hmed.grid-6x2.jpg

Nice inalergy; in order to put the fire out; we need water or sand, not petrol. 

2 hours ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

Seen every game hes been manager

If Carlos had produced these performances, team selections and tactics 99% of our fans would be marching on the club waving shoes and pitchforks.

Jos is not the answer.

No I think you're talking about the unwashed and not our own...or perhaps you're not ?

3 hours ago, lancashireowl said:

Been average for me. Some decent results but not enough wins and it goes without saying I’d be less happy if he hadn’t played the youngsters. Too negative so far too, no way you should be playing without a striker.

Another poster said said he reminded him of Felix Magath- which was an interesting point and I can see that considering the randomness in his lineups.

Still he’s got a bottom 5 team at the moment with injuries so that means he’s getting a 5/10 from me. I do think he will inevitably improve with injuries- he is tactically better than CC. 

The guy has just played Wallace and Stobbs upfront. Yet he is tactically better than CC.

:picnic:

I have seen some positive signs since he has taken over the reigns.

- We are hard to score against, a solid defence is something to build on. Thats a solid defence with nearly all of it's first teamers missing. 

- Blooding some youngsters, this is never a quick win, young lads need games to improve and during this time results will inevitibly suffer. 

- Dealing with the injury crisis on top of a team with confidence shot to pieces. Tough job to start with. 

To judge him now is criminal, lets give him the rest of the season, the summer to recruit some of his own players and then give him a fair crack of the whip. I think we will be pleasantly surprised. 

7/10 from me. Solid start with most things going against him!

• Like 2

Guest Bulgaria
2 hours ago, Mus said:

Some of those types  usually turn out to the wildest at parties !!!

I just cant see Jos swinging from the chandeliers to be honest.

I figure he would be in the living room somewhere in a corner, scotch in hand ( no ice, too risky)  debating the 5-5-0 formation with the other bloke in the room who has a pair of cords on.

He's done OK so far in difficult circumstances but no more if we had kept carlos or even left bullen in charge we'd probably have a similar amount of points, first few games though in particular the performances against united and cardiff he looked like he brought something extra to the table. The win against derby was impressive but at times he hasnt helped himself. 

The main issue is with his decision making around players. When he came in jones played probably his best few games for us and was then dropped. Rhodes looked a little better particularly against cardiff and was then left out of the squad. Fox, butterfield and loovens consistantly play poorly but get picked. Nuhiu and particularly Joao look in form and are are left out last night. Boyd has a decent game at left wing back and then isnt picked there again. Clare plays well against a top championship side and then isnt used in the next championship game.

Players like nuhiu and joao are very rarely injured but have missed a ton of games due to being well down the pecking order now have there chance and are are left out to give a winger who cant get a game for port vale a chance upfront. Its hard to see that the playing staff are going to be happy with his decision making which never bodes well for the long term.

The other issue is the overall direction of the club chansiri sacked gray as he wanted more exciting football. Jos came with a reputation for being ultra defensive and so far has lived up to it. In the games against middlesborough, swansea and millwall he essential set up with no intention to attack at all. Long term its hard to see this style appeasing the fans.

I think at the moment he really needs to go back to basics and just go 4-4-2. All this 5 at the back to defend then transition into 5 at the top to attack with may work in the land of total Dutch football, and it may well work when we have our more technical players back.

But at the moment put Reach on one side, Stobbs or Wallace on the other and cross in the ball to Nuhiu and Joao. Teams down the bottom hate it when you put balls into there box and try and get in behind them.

Very hard to judge.  We are literally limping to the end of the season at the moment with the most motley combination of reserves, kids and crocked old timers I've seen us play in a long time.  In reality he is producing results like Gray in his full season in charge of us, with an available team to pick from of similar quality from the Gray era,  and indeed the same forward player in Nuhiu spearheading the attack frequently.

8 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

I just cant see Jos swinging from the chandeliers to be honest.

I figure he would be in the living room somewhere in a corner, scotch in hand ( no ice, too risky)  debating the 5-5-0 formation with the other bloke in the room who has a pair of cords on.

You don't know that. Ive met him a couple of times at "Le Chambre".

It's too early to call, ask the same question this time next season and we'll all have a better idea.

Cue cries of......"This time year! This time next year! If we don't change the manager now we'll be playing in the Tipsy Bobbins pub league North, sold the ground to Sainbury's for an overflow car park and we still won't be wearing stripes!!!!"