Rate jos so far?

Currently auditing a squad with a number of key players injured. He's looking at all options and keeping an open mind. Providing opportunities for U23's and creating a club ethos across the playing staff where performances will offer opportunities.

He's bringing in the points and also making mistakes without panic. Comfortable. 9/10 for this stage of his management. 

5/10 

I’m throwing positivity around about Jos in other threads, because I guess I’m a ‘cup half full’ sort of person. 

Thick skin is needed for this job at the moment and it’s impossible to properly judge a ‘firefighter’ at this point. 

(( Also, saying how Carlos wouldn’t ‘get away with this’ doesn’t work. He actually ‘got away with it’ for too long himself, )) 

I thought I had an idea of the direction he was heading with the team selection against Derby. 

But now it just looks like one random team selection out of many, most of which are not geared towards scoring goals/ winning games. 

I guess he is looking at the ridiculous injury situation and trying to protect players. I will have to accept that explanation although Nuhiu could easily have started last night. 

5/10 average, some baffling negative team selections particularly away, but has shown vs derby he can pick a team to win and at pigs we can be solid, so hopefully that wasn't a fluke.

Needs to stop persisting with jones, fox, wallace and maybe loovens now imo and never 'rest' an in form striker unless necessary.

Like his inclusion of youth paticularly clare but not for the sake of it as we are not out of it yet, pudil on bench when thornileys error at millwall gifted a goal/the match then injured himself and stobbs over reach spring to mind.

At least hes tried different things but needs to stick to a winning formula like vs derby and tinker a bit less now imo, if we had the derby side vs millwall and won its a 7/10, funny old game innit lol

Edited by Ash77

Got us working better defensively. Going forward hasn’t been great though. 

Great to see a few younger players finally coming through and fitting in well. 

Major concern is rotation of the squad. Not sure how it works in Europe but in our country it never seems to be successful rotating the squad every other game. 

7 out of 10.

Firstly, I am generally positive about his appointment, much more so than I was about Carlos. Unlike CC he actually seems to have genuine achievements under his belt. At the same time, I’m also conscious that Bundesliga-1 is generally of a lower standard than The Championship, and that the teams he has managed are of a relative size that you would expect to do well at that level. I’m also concerned that he has no previous experience of English football. Personally I would have preferred a candidate who has managed at Championship or League 1 level, but provided he can learn quickly then that shouldn’t be a big deal.

As to his performance since arriving at S6, I would say he has steadied the ship rather than turned it round. Given the way the wheels have fallen off our season, that’s good enough for the moment………… Positives for me are that we are more difficult to beat, that some of the players who were out in the cold under CC have been brought back into the fold and are responding positively, and that several younger players are being eased into the first team picture and don’t look out of place. I’m also pleased that – on the face of it – injured players are being given time to recover properly rather than being rushed back. Negatives – JL seems to love tinkering with line ups and formations every bit as much as Carlos did, not always successfully; some of his team selections have been quite bizarre. And he continues to persist with 2 or 3 players who clearly aren’t up to it.

In summary, I would say his performance has been OK bit he still has a lot to prove. His account is in credit in my view, but not massively so. Of course we have to recognise that he’s only been with us a few months and walked straight into a cluster***k of an injury crisis (which is still ongoing) so you have to look at things in that context. Of course, he will ultimately be judged on results (and quite rightly so) but I find it bizarre that some fans are already calling for his head. Let’s at least give him a summer to recruit some players of his own and a season to see what he can do with them.

Edited by Roy Of The Roasters

39 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

I'll judge him this time next year.

Good luck with that but in all seriousness, I'm not sure he will be here.

He's looking more and more like a makeweight to me, brought in to ensure we don't go down. Somehow I can't see him being given £10-£20m in the summer to chuck around.

He's done a good job in getting us more organised for the most part and i find it quite exciting that he's willing to give the younger lads a chance to prove themselves.

Been some odd decisions like last night however, I think none of us can really make a fair assessment with such a threadbare squad. It will be interesting to see how we get on when we get some of our more offensive players back, it's evident we are struggling in that department. Reach aside, there is very little to link midfield to attack, so it's a case of plodding through until we get bodies back and re-asses then.

Edited by LoadABallacks
  • Like 1

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc

We look fitter and sharper already. Injury situation is absurd. Difficult to make reasonable assessment until he's got something like a full squad to work with.

Don't think he's done any less than could be expected. 

Am pleased that he's had a look at everyone available to him though.

Will reserve full judgement till he's had two proper transfers windows to freshen up his squad and until our 'best' players are back fit. 

At the moment he's playing for snookers with a brittle twig.

Genuine judgement begins when we  see what he can do when he has a proper cue. 

1 hour ago, HOSTAGE IN PYONGYANG said:

I said before the result I like Jos, I'm am sticking by that. I still like Jos. If we had won, and the defence hadn't gone walk about, he would have been hailed as a genius.

To paraphrase Kipling I think "if you can meet defeat and victory as the imposters they are, you'll be a man my son". For some it is time to man up.

Fixed it

and totally agree mate .....