Jos post-match interview

I would have thought it necessary to hear his explanation before people got their knickers in a twist over it...

Onto the interview, Jos wasn't being very clear with what he said, and seemed a little irritated by Staton's line of questioning (which was fair), but I took from it that the players' fitness came into his thinking when picking the side.

He stated that some players haven't played for months on end and are now being asked to play three games a week, which is fair comment, but Rob pointed out that Joao has played 10 minutes in the week since the Derby game - is he really that unfit?

Surely we could have got a half each out of Nuhiu and Joao tonight?

It was a bit worrying that Jos was eager to point out that mistakes cost us rather than formation, but playing 5-5-0 invites mistakes as you don't have an outlet to aim at. Hence we try and play it around the back and lose possession.

9 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

Clearly explains why he played the team he did, hard to fault it really. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05yv805

8 minutes ago, Beholder said:

It was not clear.

Not clear to me either. He answered Staton by saying he didn't say that Joao was injured or not 100% but he does need to protect his players. Sending them on for 15 minutes here and 25 minutes there doesn't offer them that much more protection than starting with them and giving them an hour would, especially when you are sending him on in desperation to try and rescue a result. 

1 minute ago, daveyboy66 said:

He obviously wants the majority of the team fresh for Villa and Swansea...and he's sacrificed the game tonight... although being in front you would think that we could have got something out of it. Move on

Fresh for Swansea? They were there for the taking Saturday and he chose not to go for it

• Thanks 1

Joao looked like he couldn't be bothered when he came on vs Swansea. Barely chased anything. Maybe he was just unfit and still not got fully sorted out yet.

Scary if true but i trust Jos 100%.

Result didn't hurt us and he tried something different at a tough ground. Move on.