Belfast Owl 2

Craziest line up ever

2 minutes ago, Watson said:

Tired are you kidding?  He plays one maybe two games a week hardly the toughest of regimes.  

So he has played 3 games in 7 days before this one.

On paper it is a shocking line up. Joao surely should have started after being rested at the weekend. If we win this one all credit to them but before the game starts it looks a very negative line up. 

Play defensive and let them exhaust themselves trying to break us down. Then after 60/75 minutes bring on the strikers and let them run riot over a tiring Millwall defence......hopefully.

Holding players back for Villa? 

I would have thought 3 points will be easier to come by tonight. 

2 minutes ago, prowl said:

Play defensive and let them exhaust themselves trying to break us down. Then after 60/75 minutes bring on the strikers and let them run riot over a tiring Millwall defence......hopefully.

Who's going to tire out the Millwall defence?  They'll be sitting in deckchairs.  

• Haha 1

Why don't we wait and see what happens before we judge?

• Agree 2

Just now, alanharper said:

Who's going to tire out the Millwall defence?  They'll be sitting in deckchairs.  

I expect Wallace and Stobbs will be told to run around and unsettle the Millwall defence 

If Jos was determined to name a crazy line up I would have preferred him to do it against Villa which will be a very tough game and a draw would be a great result. Tonight however I feel Millwall are a team we would be more than capable of beating and wish we put out as strong a team as possible to beat them. 

13 minutes ago, Watson said:

Why drop Reach?

Well the train of thought may be to make sure he doesn't drop his current form.   Keep him interested and allow him to realise his shirt is not guaranteed.  

Fitness may come into it - keep him fresh, also keep others interested.

Football is a strange game these days, the manager is less coach and more and more has to concentrate on keeping players focused, what with them being molly coddled and having so much money thrown at them that they don't think they need focus both on the pitch and also in life generally.

If Chelsea can leave giroud and morata on then bench against Barca..  then we can leave ours on the bench against millwall..

Same formation as Chelsea lol..only they have Willian..hazard..pedro up top we have stobbs.. Wallace.. boyd

33 minutes ago, modboy said:

That line up lol

FB_IMG_1519153222958.jpg

How much are them there season tickets? think i might go rush out and get me one of them 5 year ones:duntmatter:

I assume we're looking to play exclusively on the floor tonight.

Hope JL mentioned this to our defenders!

lol

20 minutes ago, kristmace said:

Holding players back for Villa? 

I would have thought 3 points will be easier to come by tonight. 

Millwall's only lost 10 games this season. One of the success stories of the championship this season IMO.

One of the best parts about matchdays these days is reading everyone go apoplectic with rage at the starting lineup only for us to push on and get a win with it

lol

Amazon | Broadband | AirBnb

Who knows.

Maybe he's determined to pay homage to the Mighty Magyars. *With Wallace as Puskas and Jones as Hidekuti?

It's only crazy if we lose.

image.png.f30a3f58aad525926a8fd41a50d1d0a7.png

Come on Wednesday

*In reality probably Wallace behind Boyd. 5-3-1-1

3 minutes ago, a_weishaupt said:

Well the train of thought may be to make sure he doesn't drop his current form.   Keep him interested and allow him to realise his shirt is not guaranteed.  

Fitness may come into it - keep him fresh, also keep others interested.

Football is a strange game these days, the manager is less coach and more and more has to concentrate on keeping players focused, what with them being molly coddled and having so much money thrown at them that they don't think they need focus both on the pitch and also in life generally.

What load a load of old cods whallop, get him on pitch.  

5 minutes ago, alanharper said:

I'm trying to be positive. It's difficult but I'm giving it my best shot.

• Haha 1