Millwall 2 : 1 Sheffield Wednesday - Feb 20, 2018

Soak up some pressure for 70 minutes then 3 man impact substitutions, and boom! back up the M1 with 3 points in the bag.

It will be like that bit from Rocky 2 when he switches from southpaw to right handed and batters Creed......... hopefully.

:luhukay:

Edited by Theboatman72
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

Experimental I think, didn't George Boyd used to play as a  central striker years ago??. 

While stobbs has been by all accounts playing up front for the under 23s quite a lot this season, maybe he wants to see other options up front. 

I think he has played various positions in his career, some of them have been deep lying striker for Peterborough.

Will wait and see how it transpires on the pitch but Millwall are on form so I was expecting Clare to come back in with Joao.

There must be an explanation for that team selection - has there been some sort of illness hitting the team, and the players selected are the ones that are less ill ?

I'm just trying to work it out. The selection is certainly bizarre.

If we win this, Jos deserves a Knighthood !

38 minutes ago, Ecco67 said:

11373F6D-62A2-41B1-9601-57E65DFCD99B.jpeg

Like everyone else, I had t go to the original source to check this is Ban Fide, because I assumed it must be a typical Owlstalk wind up.  Unfortunately it is not.  Jos is keeping us on our toes and making sure the opposition can not prepare tactically for us!

Edited by Reyt Part Timer

2 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

Pudil had a great game.v swansea ..dropped.

Joao had a superb game v derby dropped.

lol

To be fair with 10+ main players permanently injured for ages i reckon some of them will just be being rested and rotated. Annoying but a sad reality of the situation. 

1 minute ago, Bluesteel said:

I think he has played various positions in his career, some of them have been deep lying striker for Peterborough.

Will wait and see how it transpires on the pitch but Millwall are on form so I was expecting Clare to come back in with Joao.

Jos has seen the ***** in Carlos and Swansea's armour and with Rochdale awaiting in the cup he's not risking Dave and Joao, he wants his visit to Wembley lol

• Haha 1

Strange selection, especially with the likes of Joao seemingly rested at the weekend. 

However, Luhukay has got very little wrong so far, so we've got to trust him. He knows the squad far better than we do (and lets be honest, he knows how to manage a football team far better than we do!). 

I think we'll line up in a 3-4-3 (5-2-3) formation (similar to how Chelsea do).

----------------Wildsmith----------------

---Venancio----Loovens---Thorniley---

Hunt----------------------------------Fox

-----------Pelupessy--Jones------------

Stobbs------------------------------Boyd

------------------Wallace-----------------

Pelupessy and Jones give us good defensive cover in the middle of midfield, and given Millwall play a very rigid 4-4-2, we can afford to go without an additional midfielder in there today.

Wallace will play a "False Nine" role...similar to what he did on Saturday to be honest. He'll drop into pockets, and look to get Boyd and Stobbs on in behind.

I don't see where the goals are going to come from personally...but I don't believe the selection is as negative as it seems. 

On paper, we'll match Millwall up centrally and in wide areas, outnumber their two man front line, and with Wallace roaming, it'll leave their central defenders with an issue whether to go and follow him or retain shape.