Me, my fat friends and legroom !

Go on a stadium tour ask if you can browse various stands and seats until you find what you are looking for write down several key places and check if the seats are available or someone has them for the season now don't be picky otherwise I will have to say get on the atkins diet ya chubby fool :biggrin:

2 hours ago, Ginger b*stard said:

Season ticket on south for 2nd year in a row, we hardly ever sit in our own seats as we are towards the away end, and you can take your pick,  but f**k me, Its painful to sit there without our knees cutting into the chair infront! I also find it strange that different seats actually have different amounts of leg space.  

Any road, maybe we need to lose weight ! We even considered buying a childs season ticket but not taking the child just so we have a space for our knees. 

Im planning on buying another season ticket but wanted to know, is the North any better? 

Or should i just retire myself to the tango corner and be fat & happy.

198BBBDE-C0D0-4476-9D36-34DE022FFEEC.jpeg

Slightly better legroom in the North. I'm 6'2" and manage ok.

No better if you're next  to Giant Haystacks for width though.

Also unless you're right on the ends there's not as much option to move seats (this season at least)

40 minutes ago, dnhc said:

it's bitterly cold in the north when the wind blows through the gap 'tween t'kop n' sarf.

Aye and it was chuffing blinding yesterday as well. Couldn't see a thing for some of the second half. Leg room alright though.

:biggrin:

I like the view from South but as someone of 5'11" find the legroom is poor.

Girth isn't an issue unless seated next to one of the guys pictured above.

Theres the odd seat in row directly front of Directors box with extra legroom because they're at the top of steps.

Bit draughty though due to being exposed.

Think North is better but prefer South so I can get better view of bench related proceedings.

3 hours ago, SiJ said:

Not a huge fan of the South. 

For a relatively tall bloke, the leg room is an absolute nightmare. Last cup game I was at I managed to end up sitting next to a bloke who was even bigger than me. Sardines in a can springs to mind. 

Furthermore, the lack of actual space in the concourse area is shocking. Gets so congested at halftime and when everyone is leaving. 

The North isn't perfect by any means (service is a bit naff and like most of Hillsborough it could do with a bit of a facelift), but it is by far and away the best stand imo. 

Kop is a bit grim (though they've improved it a bit with that additional bar space on the South stand side) and don' get me started on the Leppings Lane. 

Did you go with jam last week using my ticket? Nice little bit of additional legroom there @SiJ

(Apologies if I heard @jambler wrong :) ) 

8 hours ago, Brooke said:

I wouldn't fancy been in the grandstand I've never tried it but it just looks too high. 

I like it, great view of the entire pitch (never understood the lure of the kop if i'm honest), plenty of space, decent queues for a pint at half time.

Atmosphere doesn't carry much unless its full though.

Edited by bigsheff

2 hours ago, bigsheff said:

I like it, great view of the entire pitch (never understood the lure of the kop if i'm honest), plenty of space, decent queues for a pint at half time.

Atmosphere doesn't carry much unless its full though.

I will have to try it one day. 

19 hours ago, Ginger b*stard said:

Season ticket on south for 2nd year in a row, we hardly ever sit in our own seats as we are towards the away end, and you can take your pick,  but f**k me, Its painful to sit there without our knees cutting into the chair infront! I also find it strange that different seats actually have different amounts of leg space.  

Any road, maybe we need to lose weight ! We even considered buying a childs season ticket but not taking the child just so we have a space for our knees. 

Im planning on buying another season ticket but wanted to know, is the North any better? 

Or should i just retire myself to the tango corner and be fat & happy.

198BBBDE-C0D0-4476-9D36-34DE022FFEEC.jpeg

The Grandstand has got the most leg room try it Pal !