The Cult of Wallace

He'll always be welcome to do the 50/50 draw and have a cushioned seat.

But like that qoute from Batman; Dark Knight 

"You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain"

He'll become an even bigger scapegoat with another years contract 

2 hours ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Wallace is a very underrated footballer. He is technically an excellent footballer and he’s also a big game player. He has proved it time and time again.

I would be inclined to give him another year if we didn’t have George Boyd. But what is the point of having both here? We also have to bring down the average age of our squad. Therefore, I would release him. 

I'd rather have one Ross Wallace on current form than 10 Boyds

4 hours ago, s8owl75 said:

This guy challenges every throw in either on or off the pitch. 

A true Wednesday legend for me, even though his powers are on the wane. 

Every Wednesday first eleven for me requires a couple of players who are liable to lose the plot and nearly get themselves self sent off for going beyond the call of Duty. 

Adam Reach and Jos did a great job of diffusing the Glaswegian time bomb shortly after this flared up. 

In all seriousness, I wouldn't change him as we need this winning mentality in and around the team. 

It's all so hugely entertaining on a comedy level if you're able to replay the incident 

DSC_0581.JPG

He was awful. 

It was like playing with 10 men.

3 hours ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Wallace is a very underrated footballer. He is technically an excellent footballer and he’s also a big game player. He has proved it time and time again.

I would be inclined to give him another year if we didn’t have George Boyd. But what is the point of having both here? We also have to bring down the average age of our squad. Therefore, I would release him. 

I think the point of having cover for every position has well and truly been proven this year. 

You need Wallace for when Boyd is injured again. 

He could become the new Jose Semedo at Wednesday 

Just now, s8owl75 said:

I think the point of having cover for every position has well and truly been proven this year. 

We need to bring the average age down and we need to freshen it up. It’s tough on Ross but we need to be ruthless in the summer. 

2 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

He'll always be welcome to do the 50/50 draw and have a cushioned seat.

But like that qoute from Batman; Dark Knight 

"You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain"

He'll become an even bigger scapegoat with another years contract 

I think we need him in the squad, if he's happy to play off the bench next year. When we get injuries you know he won't let us down. Obviously he's less and less likely to win the match for us, but his presence is enough to raise the performances of others for me. 

You can almost guarantee that when something’s kicking off on the pitch Wallace will be involved lol funny guy, if he didn’t play for us we’d detest him 

I disagree however that his time here is up. He stills offers something and is an outlet. Defenders still fall for his drop of the shoulder, left peg to right peg etc. Have no issue with him staying on as a back up winger, he’s currently offering more than Boyd does 

hes given us some fantastic memories too 

Edited by FreshOwl

29 minutes ago, s8owl75 said:

Wallace as cover for Boyd.....are you being serious?.....suppose you think we should keep Bannan as cover for Jones as well?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, s8owl75 said:

I think we'll have to agree to disagree. Wallace is like Marmite, you either love him or hate him. 

Nope, I go on a game by game basis.

Yesterday he was a waste of a place 

Not doubting his commitment he just added nothing 

1 hour ago, s8owl75 said:

I think we need him in the squad, if he's happy to play off the bench next year. When we get injuries you know he won't let us down. Obviously he's less and less likely to win the match for us, but his presence is enough to raise the performances of others for me

I like that sentence, but I think it suits other pro's more aptly like Jordan Rhodes and Sam Hutchinson.