The Cult of Wallace

This guy challenges every throw in either on or off the pitch. 

A true Wednesday legend for me, even though his powers are on the wane. 

Every Wednesday first eleven for me requires a couple of players who are liable to lose the plot and nearly get themselves self sent off for going beyond the call of Duty. 

Adam Reach and Jos did a great job of diffusing the Glaswegian time bomb shortly after this flared up. 

In all seriousness, I wouldn't change him as we need this winning mentality in and around the team. 

It's all so hugely entertaining on a comedy level if you're able to replay the incident 

DSC_0581.JPG

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, s8owl75 said:

This guy challenges every throw in either on or off the pitch. 

A true Wednesday legend for me, even though his powers are on the wane. 

Every Wednesday first eleven for me requires a couple of players who are liable to lose the plot and nearly get themselves self sent off for going beyond the call of Duty. 

Adam Reach and Jos did a great job of diffusing the Glaswegian time bomb shortly after this flared up. 

In all seriousness, I wouldn't change him as we need this winning mentality in and around the team. 

It's all so hugely entertaining on a comedy level if you're able to replay the incident 

DSC_0581.JPG

Yes he stands his ground small man syndrome perhaps !! Won’t get pushed around love his humour and commitment.

Never forgot the time Di Canio got sent off for disputing a throw in at a Watford FAC home game.  But for Pressman in the penalty shoot out it would have probably cost us the game.

Yes, jos was wise to take Ross off after that.   Wish we'd had Wallace ten years ago when he was a bit faster.  Despite what some say on here, he's still a good player.  

• Like 1

I said this before the Pigs game at the sty , Wallace and Pudil have to play they have both got that nasty streak in them and will try and win their personal battles as well as being streetwise . 

I believe we would have beaten Huddersfield last season in the semi if Wallace had not gone off injured .

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, M Royds said:

Love Wallace. Need a player like that who can needle and upset the balance of the opposition. 

Also, love his comedic value, like the note grabbing incident against Huddersfield. 

It was mentioned in a live match the other day a note was passed and one of the commentators said wheres Ross Wallace when you need him .We have some good characters in the dressing room who help to lift the mood when things arent going well 

1 hour ago, james o connor said:

Can tell he’s a funny guy . Like him , been a good servant but like loovens , his time here is up ... 

Yep. 

We've got two pretty decent seasons out of him. 

His powers have been on the wane for a while now and unfortunately, he doesn't influence games like he use to. 

Still - I like the guy's attitude. He dishes it out to the opposition and doesn't take any poo off anyone. 

Wallace is a very underrated footballer. He is technically an excellent footballer and he’s also a big game player. He has proved it time and time again.

I would be inclined to give him another year if we didn’t have George Boyd. But what is the point of having both here? We also have to bring down the average age of our squad. Therefore, I would release him.