Sign in to follow this  
Frank_Lucas

Now I'm not pissed

3 hours ago, happy bunny said:

Jos certainly knows how to get the best out of players and Atdhe is no exception

Early doors - Irvine won five of his first nine league games. Let’s take stock at the end of the season. I’m hopeful but nothing is guaranteed yet. 

For me the big target man up front is a thing of the past, need quick skilful forwards nowadays and Nuhiu doesn't tick those boxes.  For a striker his goal scoring record is poor, I do admit that when he comes on for the last twenty minutes or so he can cause havoc but to have him as your number one forward is living in a fantasy world as much as would love him to score goals galore unfortunately it's not going to happen.

Now you've done it.  Dewsburyowl58 and Ian will be mightly upset  :picnic: 

At his scoring rate for us he'd have to play 126 games to score 20.

We'd need to reach every cup final, with replays in every tie to get remotely near 126..........can't wait for Reach lifting the FA cup after we beat Man City 4-0 with an Atdhe hatrick!

There's more chance of myself catching a STI than of seeing Big Dave scoring 20 goals in a season. WTF::ph34r:

16 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

I like Nuhiu and have defended him a lot over the years. His current scoring run is a wondrous thing, but I suspect it won't last too long. As for your bet, I think you need to reflect on the fact that he has scored 29 goals in his four and a half years at the club.

not defending the 20 goal prediction but his of previous games how many have been 10 min shake them up cameos ?

10 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think some peoples opinion of some players is coloured by them being crowd favourites.

Not changed my opinion on Nuhiu that he is not a championship standard player.

straight choice, you're battling it out at the bottom of the table. him or madine?

2 minutes ago, dnhc said:

straight choice, you're battling it out at the bottom of the table. him or madine?

Madine.

3 hours ago, Watson said:

For me the big target man up front is a thing of the past, need quick skilful forwards nowadays and Nuhiu doesn't tick those boxes.  For a striker his goal scoring record is poor, I do admit that when he comes on for the last twenty minutes or so he can cause havoc but to have him as your number one forward is living in a fantasy world as much as would love him to score goals galore unfortunately it's not going to happen.

he isn't so much of a target man as you'd think looking at him, not in the old fashioned way.

he's skillful on his feet and with weight of ball when passing

9 hours ago, zico.b said:

Thanks, I'd forgot about Lee.

I think there is definitely more to come from Nuhiu.

never in a million years is he good enough for where we wan't to be likeable but not good enough

3 minutes ago, dnhc said:

he isn't so much of a target man as you'd think looking at him, not in the old fashioned way.

he's skillful on his feet and with weight of ball when passing

That's partly my point which I didn't express that for such a big chap he's not very effective in that role, he certainly is a one off and is difficult to categorise. Love his effort and enthusiasm but he needs to offer more 

1 minute ago, brando said:

never in a million years is he good enough for where we wan't to be likeable but not good enough

there's one hell of a meeting to come at s6 at the end of the season, i wouldn't mind being a fly on the wall for it either.

we have some quality attacking options, but is jos going to see them all before the season ends? if he doesn't see them all play will they be on the way out?

we are made out with midfielders, how many can be kept?, how much will jos' idea of the perfect midfielder differ from carlos'? 

will jos want someone to drive through opponents rather than look to pass through them?

defenders, will he want defenders who are just that 'good quality' defenders?, or someone not as good defensively, but better 'on the ball'?

who has to be moved on to raise the funds needed by jos?

1 hour ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

There's more chance of myself catching a STI than of seeing Big Dave scoring 20 goals in a season. WTF::ph34r:

There more chance of me not having an STI. Ive been places rats wunt go.

• Haha 3

At the end of the season we will finish around mid table somewhere, that is because we have players like Loovens, Fox, Butterfield and Nuhiu playing, if we want to stay around lower mid table then we keep playing them.

Nuhiu is a big lad who doesn't use his size in the right areas. His size makes him strong in possession and for a big guy he's got very good feet, but that work is mainly done outside the box.

Now Nuhiu would be a very valuable player if he started getting on the end of crosses more often, he's rubbish in the air, which makes his size pointless.

Im a fan of Atdhe’s but I may have spotted a flaw in the 20 goal prediction. Am I right in thinking that his contract is up in the summer? If so I doubt he will be here next season let alone scoring 20 league goals. 

He always gives 110% and the way other players react to him suggests he’s a very positive influence in the changing room but the truth is he’s behind a lot of very good championship strikers in our pecking order and when they return to full fitness he is likely to return to the back of the queue. 

love him. 

he and Joao looked like they needed a whole game up top together.

On 17/02/2018 at 22:09, 1867_OWL said:

Atdhe Nuhiu to be our leading goal scorer next season under JOS that's right 20+ goals.

He's currently getting better with every game and been given the chance to shine and really show us that he has what it takes at this level!

A cheeky £20 at the bookies on this nearer the time.

I've loved this guy since day one and NEVER turned my back on him or suggested he be shifted on in fact everytime he comes on pitch I'm like come on Nuhiu prove the doubters wrong 

I'll sit and wait for the regulars to pop by and slate the post lol

Now I'm no huge fan of the big guy but to play up top on your own against premier league defenders and play like that deserves huge credit. Well done lad

• Like 1

Message to OP. You haven’t sobered up yet FYI 

1 minute ago, gypsyowl said:

Message to OP. You haven’t sobered up yet FYI 

I haven't fallen off the wagon and never did son but I have seen the future the future's bright the future's Nuhiu :biggrin:

1 minute ago, 1867_OWL said:

I haven't fallen off the wagon and never did son but I have seen the future the future's bright the future's Nuhiu :biggrin:

Has he even scored 20 goals for us since we signed him?

fyi I’m also a big Nuhiu fan but he doesn’t really score many lol