Injured players and their places

So it seems Tom Lees is due back anytime now as well as a few others working their way to full training but of everyone expected back in the near future, who will slot straight in and who will have to fight the other "third string" players for their place back? With Venancio and Pudil putting in good performances should Lees get one of those spots or would it be at the expense of less experienced players like Thorniley? I know we're all excited for the triumphant returns but it would be a shame to see the youth who've done so well when we needed them pushed to the back of the line.

2 minutes ago, CohenTheBarb said:

So it seems Tom Lees is due back anytime now as well as a few others working their way to full training but of everyone expected back in the near future, who will slot straight in and who will have to fight the other "third string" players for their place back? With Venancio and Pudil putting in good performances should Lees get one of those spots or would it be at the expense of less experienced players like Thorniley? I know we're all excited for the triumphant returns but it would be a shame to see the youth who've done so well when we needed them pushed to the back of the line.

Agree but dont think Jos will have any favourites, in the team on merit, everyone will have their chance because it seems the way he operates 

14 minutes ago, twolaptops said:

Hooper FF Bannan....OR  Nuhui Boyd Butterfield.......................... 

:rolleyes:                                     :wacko:

Edited by daleblue

13 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

None of the injured players should walk straight back into the team. The players in the team now have earned the shirt and are doing a brilliant job. The "Returners" should have to fight for a place. 

I do agree to a certain extent but then if, for example Spurs got a new manager and Harry Kane was out injured you wouldn't expect him to sit on the bench when he is fit because his stand in did well in his absence... I'm trusting in Jos to choose wisely!

Wildsmith

Venancio Lees Pudil 

Hunt                             Reach

Pelupessy 

Clare               Bannan

Hooper    Joao

Could be our line line up in 2/3 weeks time.

Edited by s6 owl

24 minutes ago, Stoop said:

A fully fit Lee, Lees, FF, Hooper and Bannan should and will walk back into the team

Lees on form would be a shoo in but he's been sub par for most of the season. Maybe injury related but he was rubbish for the first part of the previous season. It's going to be down to him to prove he can do better than the current players.

I'd be surprised if Loovens gets a new contract. We should sign Venancio, Pudil is playing well in C def, Thornily looks like he has the makings. We suddenly don't look to badly fixed at CB.

2 minutes ago, prowl said:

Lees on form would be a shoo in but he's been sub par for most of the season. Maybe injury related but he was rubbish for the first part of the previous season. It's going to be down to him to prove he can do better than the current players.

I'd be surprised if Loovens gets a new contract. We should sign Venancio, Pudil is playing well in C def, Thornily looks like he has the makings. We suddenly don't look to badly fixed at CB.

All of a sudden all have a point to prove, just what we needed, its great.

2 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

So some posters think that when everyone is fit that Reach should be moved from the middle of midfield? He has shown he is by far our best player in that position and has made it has own.

again, this will be Jos' call.

even if your right, he may well end up moving him, not because he isnt good enough in the centre, but because we have CMs to replace him while he is probably the best choice at the club for the LWB role.  

for instance, i would prefer Bannan in CM and reach at LWB rather than reach in CM, fox at LWB and Bannan on the bench.

59 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

So some posters think that when everyone is fit that Reach should be moved from the middle of midfield? He has shown he is by far our best player in that position and has made it has own.

I have posted to that effect in the past, but not any more.

After watching his last 2 or 3 games I have been won over.

No matter who returns to fitness Jos will hopefully build his midfield around Reach

I like the energy of Reach, Pellupessy,  and Clare who could be introduced gradually perhaps alternating with Bannan.

It doesn't cure our left wing back problem though,  not sure Boyd is the answer.

This for me is a problem yet to be solved if Reach truly has made the central midfield berth his own